Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital Currency

Digital Currency

How long until we make the move? Thoughts?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

As a national currency?

The USD isn't backed by gold anyways so some may argue we already have a digital currency that's built on faith in the US govt.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Cryptocurrency

With crypto taking a big old dump, it dropped off Congressional boomers' radar. But I'm sure the US will sooner rather than later adopt a digital dollar - heck, most of them are just numbers on a screen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    How long until we make the move? Thoughts?
    Biden's handlers are pushing hard for the Central Bank Digital Currency. Hopefully people will say, "Hell No!" There are some pretty strong liberty risks associated with having a currency associated with random digits. Lots of really in depth articles discussing it.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Biden's handlers are pushing hard for the Central Bank Digital Currency. Hopefully people will say, "Hell No!" There are some pretty strong liberty risks associated with having a currency associated with random digits. Lots of really in depth articles discussing it.
    Myeh. All that means is they can track your crypto as easily as they can track your checking account. For the vast majority of people who treat every other crypto as an investment vehicle, that's not a big deal unless you planned on fudging your taxes. The Very Big Problem is when they say no more cash, everything is electronic. If you're not doing anything wrong, what are you so worried about?

I think it's mostly all digital now anyway.

Perfect opportunity to enact legislation to form a new federal department.

We could call it the Federal Electronic Currency Enforcement Service.

You'll be able to spot them because they'll all drive model Y Tesla's.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-01-2023 at 08:11 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Myeh. All that means is they can track your crypto as easily as they can track your checking account. For the vast majority of people who treat every other crypto as an investment vehicle, that's not a big deal unless you planned on fudging your taxes. The Very Big Problem is when they say no more cash, everything is electronic. If you're not doing anything wrong, what are you so worried about?
    No cash full digital is what I'm wondering how until we get there...
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno;[URL="tel:1447823"
    1447823[/URL]]Myeh. All that means is they can track your crypto as easily as they can track your checking account. For the vast majority of people who treat every other crypto as an investment vehicle, that's not a big deal unless you planned on fudging your taxes. The Very Big Problem is when they say no more cash, everything is electronic. If you're not doing anything wrong, what are you so worried about?
    I’d say ESG and social credit score just to name a couple off the top of my head. Pretty sure the endgame goal for a centralized digital US currency would be to go cashless, opening a cavernous hole for additional government oversight and potential overreach. Sorry, my faith in the government and anyone who cohorts with them is pretty thin these days. Hard pass on the digital USD for me.

Site Supporter
    Matter of time, and yes, it will be a US currency, not some 3rd party private.

I don't like the idea of the US government being able to expire certain notes, which may happen to be in my accounts, at their whim.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-.../2211?s=1&r=12

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...%5D%7D&r=1&s=1

https://www.federalreserve.gov/centr...l-currency.htm

https://digitaldollarproject.org

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Comrade, we've detected behavior that is less than favorable to the uniparty. Your social credit score has been reduced by 200 points. For 90 days your electric vehicle will be disabled. Your use of public transportation will be restricted to a radius of 15 min from your living pod. Your credits will be restricted to a limited ration of soylent at your local rationing center. You may gain back 200 social points, with your neural link, by experiencing messages of reeducation from our dear leader for no less than 240 minutes per day for 30 consecutive days.

In all seriousness, if people can't see what's coming, apparently a century's worth of warnings and subtle confessions through various types of social conditioning and virtue signaling wasn't enough to clue you in. Run up the debt, implode the dollar, act surprised, tell us digital currency is the only thing that will save us... = Problem/Solution strategy. Don't fall for it and don't support those that would foster it.

User Tag List