Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pushing the Nose Bone into the Brain

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    The dick bone drives the brain. Like a drunken monkey. In an F22 with the afterburner jammed on.
    Actually, the dick bone is the brain for about...50-60 years or so.
    Yeah… I’ll admit to wearing the ol’ baculum goggles on occasion when I was younger…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Yeah… I’ll admit to wearing the ol’ baculum goggles on occasion when I was younger…
    So I learned 3 things today.

What a baculum is, and reading this article in Scientific American, what "intromission" is...also that more than 3 minutes of copulation is considered "prolonged intromission"
    I have sent that article to every woman I have ever known.
    Sciences, bitches!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...no-penis-bone/

Sciences, bitches!
    Fuedist talking to his formers:

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The dick bone drives the brain. Like a drunken monkey. In an F22 with the afterburner jammed on.
    The Hunter Biden biography in a nutshell.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A lot of TMA targeting stuff is based on the Chinese complete lack of knowledge of the human anatomy, and believing in midichlorians.

Dude, that may be the funniest but most perfect description of TMA stuff that I’ve ever heard. I blew coffee out of my nose.

You win the internet for today.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    BIC pen, pencil, chopstick, nail file, icepick jammed forcefully and deeply into the eye socket or ear canal is well established tradeecraft.
    The key word is deeply.

The ear canal is a different story from the nose for sure. The inner ear sits slightly in front of the cerebellum and immediately lateral to the brain stem. An icepick jabbed through the ear canal, middle ear, inner ear, and through the relatively thin bone, could hit the brain stem and potentially sever it - end result is a Stab, flop, DOA.

Eye socket, you'd want to target a deep, inward and downward stab from above and go for the same target (brain stem).

You could in theory hit the brain stem through the nose as well, but the nasal concha (thin and crispy they may be), the mucosal tissue, the nasal septum, and the ethmoid are all kind of in the way. Each one adds to less chance of getting through without being deflected. By contrast...

The eye is squishy and easily stabbed through.

The ear drum you can punch through with a q-tip and the middle ear is basically hollow. The inner ear is small, the most resistance comes slamming through the skull wall on the medial side of the inner ear. But even if you didn't get through it...the inner ear is responsible for maintaining balance, equilibrium, and acceleration. Jab an icepick into someone's inner ear and they aren't going far, even if they aren't dead.

Any Docs in the house that can weigh in as to whether they've ever seen/heard of a case where, using bodily weapons alone (hands and feet), one's nose bone was driven into one's brain?

I'm still in the, "this is traditional martial arts nonsense/folklore/mythology," camp.

Something I read recently that is somewhat related:

Seriousness of open-handed attacks.

I thought this quote was interesting:

"Dr. Margulies: I do not think that people understand the dangers of the open hand. According to national statistics from 2021, more people died from hands and feet – and that includes boots, of course – than from all the rifles combined. Our “devastating” MSRs (modern sporting rifles) and hunting rifles and .22s were used to kill fewer people than hands and feet. (See https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-8.xls ) That does not include the falls that come from things like the knockout and pushover games."

I guess we need to ban hands and feet...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Something I read recently that is somewhat related:

Seriousness of open-handed attacks.

This interview is exactly what prompted me to start this thread. Dr. M says, “A blow to the nose by a martial artist can be fatal because you can literally push the bone up into the brain.”

I think this is mythological nonsense and it caused me to question his credibility. So of course I came here willing to be proven wrong.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    Any Docs in the house that can weigh in as to whether they've ever seen/heard of a case where, using bodily weapons alone (hands and feet), one's nose bone was driven into one's brain?

I'm still in the, "this is traditional martial arts nonsense/folklore/mythology," camp.
    If it includes the words "and killed them"; no.

I'll defer to the ED/Surgeon/ENT crowd for "and they survived."

User Tag List