Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pushing the Nose Bone into the Brain

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Five will get you ten I know everyone of those three PhDs. Either personally (if they graduated in the last 15 years) or via reputation (if prior to that). I stopped going to the meetings where the phylogeneticists are common. I grew tired of the pedantry.

Plus, I can only watch so many talks about the latest Bayesian Inferential Methods with hyper-priors before my eyes glaze over (one...I can only watch one of those talks at a time).
    It was a long time ago (early '90s)... maybe Gareth Nelson was one of them but not certain. But... I was at the 1989 Univ of Michigan performance of Rommy, "the world's first phylogenetic rock opera," even still have the tee shirt somewhere. Classics like "starch gel wizard" and "Willi Hennig superstar." Support for a hypothesis that at least a few scientists occasionally have a sense of humor. Was working with a couple of those ROM and Guelph guys on polyploid salamanders at the time.

Back OT: I was actually taught the hit-the-nose thing in high school gym class by a totally sadistic 300 lb wrestling coach. He was wrong about a lot of other things, so no surprise if this was another one. Only anecdotal info I can offer is that the last real fight I was in, also a long time ago, a drunk guy sucker punched me straight on in the nose. In return he got a forearm to the side of the head. I walked away a few seconds later, it was more like 10 minutes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Eye socket, you'd want to target a deep, inward and downward stab from above and go for the same target (brain stem).
    An Ed Calderon Bic in the eye is probably a fight winner even if it's not fatal.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    An Ed Calderon Bic in the eye is probably a fight winner even if it's not fatal.

User Tag List