Thread: P365 Takedown lever installation question

Question P365 Takedown lever installation question

I disassembled the FCU on a P365 and am having trouble installing the takedown safety lever. I know the ball end fits into a cut in the takedown lever. The rear hook is what I need some help with.

I'm guessing the hook needs to be behind the sear to provide spring tension to the lever. The issue I have is that when I flip the takedown lever down to 6 o'clock so that I can reinstall the FCU into the grip module, the sear pin lifts just enough to let the hook pop out and settle in front of the sear. This makes it impossible to rotate the takedown lever to the up position once the FCU is placed in the grip module.

Any tips for a less stressful reassembly?

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    This was one of the best walkthroughs of assembly and disassembly I’ve seen.

I disassembled the FCU on a P365 and am having trouble installing the takedown safety lever. I know the ball end fits into a cut in the takedown lever. The rear hook is what I need some help with.

I'm guessing the hook needs to be behind the sear to provide spring tension to the lever. The issue I have is that when I flip the takedown lever down to 6 o'clock so that I can reinstall the FCU into the grip module, the sear pin lifts just enough to let the hook pop out and settle in front of the sear. This makes it impossible to rotate the takedown lever to the up position once the FCU is placed in the grip module.

Try holding the slide stop lever up as you seat the FCU.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This was one of the best walkthroughs of assembly and disassembly I’ve seen.
    Thanks, JCN. This one shows the orientation I was looking for.

ETA - took all of 3 minutes to finish up. The manual safety detent shot off to some unknown spot in my room but I suppose it's a sign to just ditch the safety levers. I know the gun is usable but I'll probably snag a non-MS grip module over the weekend to complete the look.
    Last edited by CarloMNL; 02-01-2023 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks, JCN. This one shows the orientation I was looking for.

ETA - took all of 3 minutes to finish up. The manual safety detent shot off to some unknown spot in my room but I suppose it's a sign to just ditch the safety levers. I know the gun is usable but I'll probably snag a non-MS grip module over the weekend to complete the look.
    You can take a strong magnet and walk it around your floor to try and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You can take a strong magnet and walk it around your floor to try and find it.
    I'll get around to it eventually. The size and position of the safety levers don't work so well with my hand size. I can't consistently disengage them during the presentation.

I was wondering why many users here opted for the slick instead of MS variant. I'm beginning to understand the logic behind their choice.

User Tag List