Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Good Modern Stainless 4-inch K-Frame Analog?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Currently our only guns that fit the "k-frame" window are the Model 82 38 Special and the Model 65 in 357 Mag.
    The Model 66 is not?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I think the lock is greatly overblown as well, both the possibility of it accidentally engaging, and the potential liability of disabling it.
    This ^^.

AFAIK the lock engaging under recoil has only occurred with the lightest of j frames using high pressure ammo.

Either way I’d be fine deleting it. If the issue came up it can easily be argued the lock is a storage device rather than a safety device.

Site Supporter
    What about the Rock Island revolvers? Is there a 4" alfa proj?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This ^^.

AFAIK the lock engaging under recoil has only occurred with the lightest of j frames using high pressure ammo.

Either way I’d be fine deleting it. If the issue came up it can easily be argued the lock is a storage device rather than a safety device.
    Maybe I’m being overly cautious on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    The Model 66 is not?
    The 66 is a 7 shot so it doesn't fit 1:1 with K-frame sized accessories.

Re: the Rossi guns, they're part of my purview but not my primary responsibility. They're pretty rad though

The M66-8 is a great 4.25" barrel classic K-frame. That said you should try to buy it in person so you can inspect it thoroughly due to some degree of inconsistent quality control on their revolvers. Do check for a canted shroud (rare due to two piece tube and shroud design), barrel to cylinder gap, smoothness of single and double action and possible cosmetic issues. The problems (real or not) make headlines in gun forums, the good guns rarely get counted. I have a 66-8 bought new in late 2015 with zero issues with an incredibly smooth action and perfect carry up/timing. It's one of the most accurate, best shooting revolvers I own.

Site Supporter
    @jetfire

I actually think the model 82 looks pretty good. How would you compare shooting it to the various 856s you have shot?

Is the new Rossi up to high round counts of .357?

Thanks for all the info you share with us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    @jetfire

I actually think the model 82 looks pretty good. How would you compare shooting it to the various 856s you have shot?

Is the new Rossi up to high round counts of .357?

Thanks for all the info you share with us.
    Well the 82's a lot bigger so it's a lot easier to shoot. Full size grips and a 4 inch barrel make a a pretty easy shooter. Plus, the geometry responds really well to changing the main spring so the trigger pull its pretty fantastic.

In testing the Rossis have been through thousands of rounds of 357 and they're all fine according to our engineer dudes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I’m ok paying for quality but that is outside my price range. I max out somewhere around a quarter of that.

User Tag List