Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone shoot HK P30 LEM's to a high level?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Last year, I attended a Presscheck Consulting No Fail Pistol class with my CZ P-09. NFP is an accuracy forward class that's run on B-8 targets I have always struggled with maintaining consistent accuracy at distance with the CZ, and this class was no exception. High 80's to mid 90's scores, but one or two 8 or 7 ring flyers is typical.

John Corriea, who was shooting next to me on the line, was generous enough to loan me his spare RDS equipped P30 LEM (with Lazy Wolf trigger job), and my scores increased dramatically into the high 90's, with significantly fewer flyers. For that couple hundred rounds, it was like easy-button, and scoring 100 seemed entirely possible. His RDS mount failed, so I returned to shooting my CZ, and inconsistent performance. A year and a half later, I still struggle with the CZ.

I don't know if it's grip shape, trigger, novice effect or what it was, but on that day, that gun jived with me far more than my CZ. I'm planning to pursue this in 2023 with a Stack-a-toe or P30 LTT.
    Lazy Wolf was the guy who did all the HK triggers for Gray Guns before going out on his own. Rick does great work.

Who did the optics mount that failed ?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Last year, I attended a Presscheck Consulting No Fail Pistol class with my CZ P-09. NFP is an accuracy forward class that's run on B-8 targets I have always struggled with maintaining consistent accuracy at distance with the CZ, and this class was no exception. High 80's to mid 90's scores, but one or two 8 or 7 ring flyers is typical.

John Corriea, who was shooting next to me on the line, was generous enough to loan me his spare RDS equipped P30 LEM (with Lazy Wolf trigger job), and my scores increased dramatically into the high 90's, with significantly fewer flyers. For that couple hundred rounds, it was like easy-button, and scoring 100 seemed entirely possible. His RDS mount failed, so I returned to shooting my CZ, and inconsistent performance. A year and a half later, I still struggle with the CZ.

I don't know if it's grip shape, trigger, novice effect or what it was, but on that day, that gun jived with me far more than my CZ. I'm planning to pursue this in 2023 with a Stack-a-toe or P30 LTT.
    I have always found the P30 (and LEM) to rock on accuracy oriented drills, will be interested what you think when you push speed with it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Wright Armory
    Thanks. That availability may be enough inspiration for me to keep my P2000SK LEM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thread drift but you happy with their work ?

I have an HK USP 45 I want to get cut for a dot - trying to decide between Wright Armory and Impact Machine.
    Wright Armory did 2 HK VP9s for me in 2019. Very happy with the work and very fast turnaround at the time (one week).
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have always found the P30 (and LEM) to rock on accuracy oriented drills, will be interested what you think when you push speed with it.
    Can confirm. Shot a 1.5" center to center group with a HK45 LEM at 20 yards.

What interests me is that I very much do the "Flip and Press" trigger press style in rapid fire and I wonder if that would make the LEM worse for me or better.

https://youtu.be/HlPNzG6fx1o

In this match, I can clearly see my finger come basically fully off the trigger and it was more or less because I was nervous (it was with the alpha range guys and they're all badasses)

I bought a LEM because I am interested to see if I can run a gun that has such a long throw of the trigger that I can stay on the trigger in rapid fire.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thread drift but you happy with their work ?

I have an HK USP 45 I want to get cut for a dot - trying to decide between Wright Armory and Impact Machine.

With the work, I am pleased. However, the combo creates offset concearns that I don't have with irons. It changes the utility of the pistol, and puts it just outside what I'm comfortable carrying size wise. I got around battery issues by going with the dual illuminated, but that brings it's own issues.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Can confirm. Shot a 1.5" center to center group with a HK45 LEM at 20 yards.

What interests me is that I very much do the "Flip and Press" trigger press style in rapid fire and I wonder if that would make the LEM worse for me or better.

https://youtu.be/HlPNzG6fx1o

In this match, I can clearly see my finger come basically fully off the trigger and it was more or less because I was nervous (it was with the alpha range guys and they're all badasses)

I bought a LEM because I am interested to see if I can run a gun that has such a long throw of the trigger that I can stay on the trigger in rapid fire.

With LEM, if you flip and press, your finger is hitting the inside front of the trigger guard. With DA/SA in SA, your finger doesn't have to flip off as far. See the two pistols.

PS: one advantage of LEM, is if you drop the mag with your trigger finger, your finger is farther away from the trigger as you depress the paddle.

Name:  E08ED153-4102-495A-B16B-C766DBDD68DC.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  C8B78DC1-5B32-4FD5-B640-C8D288CDC827.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  68.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I shot one for years and got my FAST coin with one...and have shot the standard drills in some blazing fast times....definitely can be shot at a high level if one puts in the work. The LEM trigger module was an interesting learning curve for me as it is kinda a blend of revolver rolling break and a Glock. Took me a bit to get the hang of it but once it clicked my splits and accuracy were on par if not better than a Glock. I left the P30s because of Duty holster compatibility and SIM compatibility when I was running them....Glocks just make more sense as a system for that.

As would I. Unfortunately my time with the gun was too short and I don’t see another opportunity to train with an RDS P30 anywhere on my radar. I’m fully confident in the mechanical accuracy of my CZ’s, but for whatever reason I struggle to consistently extract it out the gun.

I can only speculate that being confident in my ability to make accurate hits on demand would allow me to work faster than with my CZ. Given that I’m only a C class shooter, I wouldn’t take too much from this.

@HCM. I think it was an early, possibly prototype, Wright Armory cut. No doubt they’ve made improvements since this slide was milled. IIRC, John had tens of thousands of rounds through it and regularly carried the gun until I got my grubby paws on it.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    With LEM, if you flip and press, your finger is hitting the inside front of the trigger guard. With DA/SA in SA, your finger doesn't have to flip off as far. See the two pistols.

PS: one advantage of LEM, is if you drop the mag with your trigger finger, your finger is farther away from the trigger as you depress the paddle.

Name:  E08ED153-4102-495A-B16B-C766DBDD68DC.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  C8B78DC1-5B32-4FD5-B640-C8D288CDC827.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  68.2 KB
    The paddle release is growing on me. Especially the idea of using the trigger finger.

User Tag List