Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member looking for opinions on Sightron SRS-2

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Isn’t the circuit board green or something? @SoCalDep?
    I edited my response after you replied. What about the Leupold DPP gen 1 makes it unsatisfactory?

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I edited my response after you replied. What about the Leupold DPP gen 1 makes it unsatisfactory?
    My understanding is they don't hold up, possibly due to the circuit board. All 2nd hand iinfo.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    IIRC-GJM and his wife went thru DPP Gen 1s with a quickness. They simply were not holding up on a variety of guns with relatively low round counts.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Holosun 407c can be found for $250ish.
    Or a little cheaper if you know who to ask...

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Or a little cheaper if you know who to ask...
    If only I knew of someone.
    David S.

GJM has lots of experience with green circuit-board models. We have some too. One of our instructors has one with over 40,000 rounds. The shake-awake no longer works, but other than that it still functions. We did have several that stopped working within 500-1,500 rounds.

In a discussion with Mike Pannone, he said that the older DPPs with green circuit boards worked very well but at some point something changed and they started to have issues. The blue circuit-board models seem to have fixed the large-scale problems.

I have the SRO, Holosun 407, Romeo 0, and my newest is the Ameriglo Haven. I know of at least a 1/2 dozen in use...no problems and a lot of dot for the money. For better or worse, owned by Trijicon now. Aluminum housing, glass window, shake awake, 5moa dot and mine was on sale at Midway, $214.

Thanks for all the input. A lot to consider for future reference. I found reviews on the manufacturer's scopes which were all favorable. The higher magnification scopes I found are in the 700-1200 dollar range. The reviews on the SRS 2 Reflex sight (which has a mfg price of $340) were mostly 4-5 star with the major complaint of the lower ratings for being shipped with a dead battery. I went ahead and ordered the Sightron SRS 2; mine came with the battery uninstalled so no problem. I installed it on the the Stoeger STR 9 with the C-more plate, one of the 4 base adapter plates that came with the pistol. The 8-32 allen head screws that came with the sight were too long, so I had to file them to fit. The sight also came with a pic rail mount. I used a new thread lock compound called VC-3 Vibra-TITE I wanted to try out on the screws for the plate and the sight.

I found the SRS2 on sale at Midway for 120 bucks free shipping, so not a lot of moolah. I got the STR9 for $189 after rebate, so my journey into reflex sighted center fire pistols is low budget. Hopefully my shooting improves enough to adapt some of my better pistols to red dots. I will post an update from a range visit for this when I get the chance. Again thank you everyone for the responses.

Name:  Stoeger STR-9 (2).jpg
Views: 233
Size:  84.0 KB
    Last edited by puma guy; 02-10-2023 at 05:01 PM.

New Member looking for opinions on Sightron SRS-2

I’m glad it’s working out for you, both the optic and the pistol. I’d appreciate hearing reviews of each, once you get a chance to shoot them for 500 to 1000 rounds.

Looking at you picture, it appears you have the same issue I had, which is the optic is longer than the optic cut in the slide. It looks like the optic plate is flush with the top of the slide, so everything bolts down ok. Did it zero fine? Or did you need to move the elevation down a lot?

$120 seems like the right price for this optic. It’s a great deal for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad it’s working out for you, both the optic and the pistol. I’d appreciate hearing reviews of each, once you get a chance to shoot them for 500 to 1000 rounds.

Looking at you picture, it appears you have the same issue I had, which is the optic is longer than the optic cut in the slide. It looks like the optic plate is flush with the top of the slide, so everything bolts down ok. Did it zero fine? Or did you need to move the elevation down a lot?

$120 seems like the right price for this optic. It’s a great deal for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes the plate is flush with the top of the slide and the base of the RDS mates with two small studs on the base. I don't have a way to check zero. Guess I may need to get a laser cartridges to bore sight if I put decide to get RDS on any of my other pistols. We have a tile guy demolishing our master bath fro a walk-in shower conversion so the next couple of weeks are tied up, but I hope to get to the range after that. I do have concerns about the thread depth of the plate screws into the slide and the RDS screws into the plate. I used the Vibra-Tite to see how well it holds, but I can always use blue Lock tite if not.

User Tag List