Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10mm field pistol -- FN and G5 20

Just dry firing, the recoil spring feels quite a bit heavier than in previous Gen 10mm pistols!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Gen 5 20 MOS arrived today. Trigger felt very Gen 5 dot rolly good, which should work well on a field pistol. I disassembled the pistol, lubed in the right places and confirmed the striker channel was clean and dry.

I installed CHPWS low height BUIS sights. The front sight flipped around either side of plum, and I had to do some Kentucky windage with my thumb to get it reasonably straight as I tightened the front sight retaining screw. Rear sight took some hammering as my standard Glock rear sight tool wouldn't work with the larger G20 slide. Putting a few coats of white and then orange paint on the front sight.

Used a CHPWS EPS MOS plate to mount a six moa red EPS full size. The Wheeler laser says the EPS and plate was within an inch or so at 25 yards as everything came out of the package. I figured 10mm will be a good test of the optic and plate. My backup plan is a TD plate and an Acro, and if this pistol makes it to field use, that is likely what it will end up dotted with.

Will let it cure overnight and then do initial shooting with 100 rounds of S&B before going to the Underwood.
    I have an EPS sitting on the shelf, and a Gen4 20 with no dot. I had considered getting the slide milled direct for the EPS, but wasn't sure if the EPS and top mounted screws were up to the task. I look forward to seeing how yours holds up.

Looks good!

Thanks GJM!

Site Supporter
    I put an RMR 06 on my G20.5 MOS - mostly because I had the optic and an FCD Glock MOS plate.

This was the first shot at 10 yards.

Name:  7AAD6699-7297-4D35-A480-D860BDE2E811.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  0BC9C9D0-5FD2-440D-BCBA-654E27CA8DAC.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  FBE88705-71F0-4F14-8F47-D81E3F9ADDB5.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  82.9 KB

At that point I should have quit for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I put an RMR 06 on my G20.5 MOS - mostly because I had the optic and an FCD Glock MOS plate.

Name:  7AAD6699-7297-4D35-A480-D860BDE2E811.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  0BC9C9D0-5FD2-440D-BCBA-654E27CA8DAC.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  FBE88705-71F0-4F14-8F47-D81E3F9ADDB5.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  82.9 KB

Nah, needs three clicks or so down so you won't be high at 25 yards!

On two different scales, the still new trigger measures just under five pounds. The grip cavity seems smaller than on a 17, as the grip plugs from a 17 won't fit -- maybe that was part of keeping the grip smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

But what were you actually aiming at….

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    He was aiming at the P zone.

Name:  USPSA Precious Target.jpeg
Views: 1573
Size:  6.2 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hey bitches, this is a scholarly thread, no p talk!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    The P.

Spend enough time working sex offenders …

Heading to the range soon, looking forward to initial shooting impressions. Handling it, the pistol feels large, and enough bigger than a 19 that it is really noticeably larger. I wish the slide had deeper serrations on the front sides and on top, like a Maple Leaf Duty cut, as it is a bear to rack the slide. With cold/wet hands, I imagine it will be even harder to rack. I ordered the mag shims and extra power mag springs from 460Rowland.com, recommended by Clusterfrack, but am hoping the gun runs without them. Metal mags in the FN may be an advantage in a heavy recoiling pistol.

User Tag List