Thread: Ken Hackathorn's favorite wheelies

Ken Hackathorn's favorite wheelies

Just a revolver FEAST!

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Not going to lie, watched it before bed and had dreams about those revolvers all night !

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Not going to lie, watched it before bed and had dreams about those revolvers all night !
    OMG they were all gems! One not featured here but which haunts me is a 38-44 HD M&P. Just a brutal blunt instrument from it's time. One of these days I'll find one mechanically sound but beat to hell cosmetically. And we'll merge.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My favorite barrel length on N frames are 5 inch and 3.5 , so it was a real treat to watch . Colt SAA also stir my soul .
    Last edited by Colt191145lover; 01-31-2023 at 03:34 PM.

I liked Patton’s “Killing Gun”. Jim Cirillo’s M13 was pretty cool!

Very much enjoyed Mr. Hackathorns reminiscing about his first encounters with pistols as a youth. It conjured up my affinity for pistols and guns in general.

Make some memories to reflect on as we age my friends.

This was a great video. If you've never met Ken, he could do this all day long on just about any gun you care to name.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Back in the day when Ken was an active and traveling Tier One firearms instructor, I had the opportunity to train with him several times. Outstanding.
    In one class, the subject of Off Duty carry and BUGs came up. In those days, Ken was strictly a 1911 kinda guy. Well, during instruction, he reached into his off hand cargo pants pocket and withdrew an S&W 642! He explained that he never went anywhere without his J Frame BUG. That was it for me! It was the beginning of my love affair with J Frames, in particular the Centennial. And throughout my LE career, whether in uniform or in plainclothes, I always carried a BUG and most of the time it was an S&W Centennial of some sort.

User Tag List