An observation.

3x3 post it = 9 in²
    NRA B8 10 ring = 8.867 in²
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    An observation.

3x3 post it = 9 in²
    NRA B8 10 ring = 8.867 in²
    Copy-thank you. I’m a sucker for these little drills/evals.. There was one not listed here I believe from “Shrek”, a U.S. Special Operations veteran, where from concealment one third to put 3 rounds into three inch circle at 3 yards. Pulled that off, thankfully.
    I just thought my next trick after I clean it once is to turn the note to compass points. It seems to me that would come close to the nose/nasal area, so to speak. One can shoot this with duty gear, concealed, etc. This afternoon the first singles aimed in I had the laser activated. Turns out the trigger work is important too.
    I enjoy the challenges; C. Werner, “Tactical Professor”, uses a 5 inch circle a lot, which I think is the black of a B8. All informative…

Achieving mediocrity again...

Reporting the so-so with everything else. I threw 40 rounds at this with a G45 and an EPS sight. Best (!)was 7 for 10. Not focusing today, especially on the early runs-last was the 7 for 10.
    Training and practice will therefore continue...

"Missed it by that much..."

A lunchtime session with a coworker today yielded 9 hits for 10 rounds. The miss, just about 1/4" out at 1 o'clock, was on a one shot draw. Good news is I called it precisely when it happened; a benefit of the "red dot", in this case my ACRO on a 19MOS.
    I'm gonna keep trying-still of the opinion it's a neat little eval. I can't recall if I've shot it cold, so I might just try that later in the week...

Edit to add:all under time, including the mike. The trick for me is to forget the timer and focus on the trigger manipulation. Can't dally on the draw either!

Site Supporter
    Per Justin, once you think you're pretty salty on Prep Time, do it at 8 yards strong hand only or on a reduced USPSA steel at 40 yards. It's even more hurtful with a 1 7/8 J-frame at 7 yards.freestyle.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Ran this today on a B8 (see post 11). I use cards to randomly determine which string I shoot next. The shot I sent low left was S1, but actually the 3rd card I flipped. 9/10 felt pretty good.

P2000sk v1

Name:  20230518_134359.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  29.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Ran this today on a B8 (see post 11). I use cards to randomly determine which string I shoot next. The shot I sent low left was S1, but actually the 3rd card I flipped. 9/10 felt pretty good.

P2000sk v1

Nice variation and good score, sir. Coincidentally, I tried it at the end of today on a yellowish post-it, and only got 8/10. GEN5 19MOS w/ACRO. My misses were 1 on first string and a 1 shot draw. Agree about 9 feeling good…
    I’ll keep at it, and that’s the point, isn’t it? I may very well try your variation and the B8 may provide some familiarity.

Edit to add: Yikes! With irons-good show!

Name:  20230518_134359.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  29.1 KB

Yesterday.

Run 1: 9/10

Run 2: 7/10

Run 3: 9/10 (Barely)

Everything under par.

Posting this one!

10/10 today(!), end of work day, because I had 10 rounds left from some shooting at lunch. Put up a pale pink Post-It on the”head” of an IDPA target, and went at it with a G45 with Performance Trigger and a new C&H “Duty” optic mounted that we have for T&E. The optic has had no issues over a few hundred rounds. The holster was a JMCK IWB, unconcealed. All runs under par.
    I had the luxury of having the indoor range to myself, and looked at the target carefully after each string. That might have been unwise had it not worked out. As it is, I now have to shoot this with a coworker or two so I’ll have a witness! I have intrigued one or two of them, so that will put some good stress on performance.
    Still appreciating this exercise for the simplicity and focus of it. My hat is off to folks shooting it with irons.

No witnesses, but I’m sticking to this story…

I was impressed w/ @CCT125US run with irons, having been pretty “dot centric” the last few years. So, with nothing much happening on a Friday afternoon, I went to the indoor range with a gray Post-It note and my personal G44 that I’ll let some new shooters work with this weekend. I’m consciously staying away from the bright yellow/green/pink notes to make it a bit more difficult visually.
    The .22 Glock has a Heinie red fiber optic front sight, and the trigger action is a little “lumpy”, but I want to run whatever reasonable trigger I have. A one shot warmup, “cold” and concealed on a B8, a “10” in 1.82 on @SLG Cold Heat.
    10 for 10 with an edger, but I’m taking it. Draws were unconcealed. No overtime.
    I like the other variations mentioned, so will give those a try.

User Tag List