Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Memphis 5

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    What if I told you the PD where I formerly lived is currently hiring, training, graduating, and employing individuals with known gang ties and drug dealing convictions?

What if I also told you that it is then fast-tracking those individuals...into the narcotics unit?
    I wouldn't be surprised.

One of the checks on the establishment of a true police state is having police agencies that aren't corrupted.

Organized crime and statists have been in league to try and remove that barrier to establishing totalitarian authority for more than a century in this country with their influence waxing and waning over the years. It may get labeled as "diversity" and the useful idiots implementing it may even think that's the actual goal, but it's not.

You can't weaponize police powers if the people involved aren't compromised.

3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Pretty sure the charge will be 1st Degree Murder after grand jury.
    It's already been to grand jury.

Thanks, my bad.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised.

One of the checks on the establishment of a true police state is having police agencies that aren't corrupted.

Organized crime and statists have been in league to try and remove that barrier to establishing totalitarian authority for more than a century in this country with their influence waxing and waning over the years. It may get labeled as "diversity" and the useful idiots implementing it may even think that's the actual goal, but it's not.

You can't weaponize police powers if the people involved aren't compromised.

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!!!
    The real goal isn't 'Abolish the Police'.....it's 'Replace the Police'.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!!!
    The real goal isn't 'Abolish the Police'.....it's 'Replace the Police'.
    The term of art is “re-imagine” the police …

I hate to keep posting unsubstantiated rumors but they just keep rolling in:

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I wouldn't be surprised if they are true, John, but even if not, you and I both know that there are a lot of folks out there not qualified emotionally, spiritually, morally, ethically to be law enforcement officers. You don't have to be a known gang member, thug or other miscreant.

That said...having prior info that they were of that ilk and not taking steps to weed them out...is unconscionable. And yet I'm no longer surprised.

I saw the beginning of this in NYC back in the late-ish 70's when I applied to NYPD and the machinations they went through to take on unqualified candidates. (Hence, I ended up going federal.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'd find that to be highly unlikely, since all distribution charges in NYS are felonies, which would make them legally ineligible to serve as a LEO if convicted on such.
    It is not NYS, and the arrests were made by the same agency currently employing them. They have access to the reports.

The literal logic is that they have "first-hand, street-level" experience of drug operations, and that this makes them uniquely-suited for the tasking.

Looks like it's spreading into the ranks of the fire dept.

The Memphis Fire Department terminated three employees Monday who allegedly broke “numerous” policies when they responded to the violent arrest of Tyre Nichols earlier this month, the latest first responders to lose their jobs in recent weeks, as fallout continues over the release of a video showing police officers beating Nichols just days before his death.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=7a4b860f8bc2
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-30-2023 at 08:20 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    The firemen may have been afraid of the cops or just reluctant to get in their business. Some would be surprised at what people will ignore. When the powers that be punish rather than reward stepping forward and objecting, then folks usually don't. I've seen such in corrections and in the school business. For example, school administrators are known to ignore teacher directed cheating on standardized tests. Blowing the whistle is career suicide. I won't comment on corrections.

User Tag List