Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did CZ ever fix the 7.62x39? Bren 2

Did CZ ever fix the 7.62x39? Bren 2

I see they were bringing in $900 kits to convert them to 556. Are they cutting their losses or did the fix the issues with the x39?

I would say no.

I had two of them. 2020 and 2021 production. Both guns ended up being unreliable pieces of shit. My 2020 production gun had over 7k rounds on it and it was an absolute mess.

The Americanized version of the Bren 2 is a complete failure.

My 5.56 gun had weird peening on the bolt and the barrel extension. I divested myself of the platform entirely.

So much potential utterly wasted.

Interesting how the Bren 2 seemed to be to the SCAR what Aerosmith was to The Rolling Stones - the proverbial “poor man’s version.” Yet, here we are, years later, and the Stones are still touring while the members of Aerosmith do American Idol and Geico Commercials (or was that G&R?).

Meanwhile, others have come and gone too - Robarms XCR, Beretta ARX, etc. I suppose that the Sig MCX has come to be the proverbial Beatles to the folding stock AR alternative but John and and George (gen 1 and 2) are dead and Sig’s management and quality control are standing by to Yoko the fuck out of the SPEAR…

Granted I suppose that the 5.56 Bren 2 fares better than its 7.62x39 brother.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-29-2023 at 10:38 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I always scratch my head when a company can not make a gun run in 762x39 (I'm looking at you SIG) given that that round was virtually designed to cycle reliably. I get that magazine curve is an issue for AR based guns but this wasn't an issue with the CZ or the SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I always scratch my head when a company can not make a gun run in 762x39 (I'm looking at you SIG) given that that round was virtually designed to cycle reliably. I get that magazine curve is an issue for AR based guns but this wasn't an issue with the CZ or the SIG.
    Isn’t the jury still out on the Sig Spear LT? They are selling a bunch of 16” versions in 7.62x39 and the one at my LGS lasted all of 2 days. I haven’t headed any bad reports yet.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Isn’t the jury still out on the Sig Spear LT? They are selling a bunch of 16” versions in 7.62x39 and the one at my LGS lasted all of 2 days. I haven’t headed any bad reports yet.
    I was referring to the 556 they did in 762x39 although in fairness the 556 in 556 wasn’t stellar either (but at least it ran).

Site Supporter
    The feedback I’ve seen is the SPEAR 7.62x39 works 100% with the 28 round mags. The other capacity 7.62x39 mags (even from the same brand) May or may not work.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I would say no.

I had two of them. 2020 and 2021 production. Both guns ended up being unreliable pieces of shit. My 2020 production gun had over 7k rounds on it and it was an absolute mess.

The Americanized version of the Bren 2 is a complete failure.

My 5.56 gun had weird peening on the bolt and the barrel extension. I divested myself of the platform entirely.

So much potential utterly wasted.
    Well, this is helpful. The Bren 2 has been on my "someday want" list for a while. Didn't realize it had stumbled so hard.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Well, this is helpful. The Bren 2 has been on my "someday want" list for a while. Didn't realize it had stumbled so hard.
    Keep in mind that I think that the 7.62x39 is the only caliber that stumbled. I believe that the 5.56 Bren 2 is good to go.

Site Supporter
    Keep in mind that I think that the 7.62x39 is the only caliber that stumbled. I believe that the 5.56 Bren 2 is good to go.
    I thought the 5.56 was GTG too, however, See @magz comment above.

User Tag List