Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P&S Modcast 329 Defensive Handheld Lights

Just make sure you have a good supplier of product. If your lights are in demand but unavailable thats not a good business model.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I found the light color stuff interesting. It's polar opposite of what's popular in the flashlight community but it made sense to me.

This made me think a lot more about MUC and flashlights. That's probably the most realistic defensive use of a flashlight that I will have. Maybe brighter is not better in that scenario. I am rethinking through how I would manage people with a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    This made me think a lot more about MUC and flashlights. That's probably the most realistic defensive use of a flashlight that I will have. Maybe brighter is not better in that scenario. I am rethinking through how I would manage people with a flashlight.
    This is IMO a subject well worth exploring.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Just make sure you have a good supplier of product. If your lights are in demand but unavailable thats not a good business model.
    Agreed. I just contacted my go-to Modlite distributor about a PL350 and he said he hasn’t had them for 2 months and has no idea when the next shipment will arrive; not cool.

Regarding crenellated bezels, I have an old school Elzetta light with a Malkoff head that doesn’t give off “offensive” vibes. These days I prefer something other than crenellated but not all of them raise alarms.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Paul, certainly a valid point!

I'm not going to be a high-volume player with authorized distributors. I consider myself as more of a "custom one-man shop."

As I state on the home page, each light is built-to-order. In each product description, I state the typical lead time to shipment is 7 to 14 days, depending on what I have on hand for components. If I have everything needed, an order will ship the next day. I try to keep enough on hand to build at least a few pieces of each model.

Typical Malkoff lead time for items they have in stock is about five days to arrive at my door. When items are not in stock, it can be a few weeks before I have the item.

Lumens Factory, which is located in Hong Kong, is typically about seven to ten days for an order to arrive with FedEx international delivery that I have to pay for (no free shipping). To get a worthy discount there is a substantial minimum order quantity, so I typically have bodies and tailcaps on hand.

Moving forward, depending on how this small niche biz grows, I will look to increase the component inventory. However, the plan is to retain the build-to-order business model for product customization, and offer personalized service to each and every customer.

Thanks for raising this valid concern, and thanks to all for your interest EDCLB lights!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Re the Modlite pistol light, with the release of the SF x300 Turbos I’ve got no need to change lights and then I don’t need to change holsters - but that’s an overt, openly worn etc set-up. The switching is the reason I won’t change.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Paul, certainly a valid point!

I'm not going to be a high-volume player with authorized distributors. I consider myself as more of a "custom one-man shop."

As I state on the home page, each light is built-to-order. In each product description, I state the typical lead time to shipment is 7 to 14 days, depending on what I have on hand for components. If I have everything needed, an order will ship the next day. I try to keep enough on hand to build at least a few pieces of each model.

Typical Malkoff lead time for items they have in stock is about five days to arrive at my door. When items are not in stock, it can be a few weeks before I have the item.

Lumens Factory, which is located in Hong Kong, is typically about seven to ten days for an order to arrive with FedEx international delivery that I have to pay for (no free shipping). To get a worthy discount there is a substantial minimum order quantity, so I typically have bodies and tailcaps on hand.

Moving forward, depending on how this small niche biz grows, I will look to increase the component inventory. However, the plan is to retain the build-to-order business model for product customization, and offer personalized service to each and every customer.

Thanks for raising this valid concern, and thanks to all for your interest EDCLB lights!
    A lot of businesses (and economies) are suffering due to these weeks long delays waiting for product from china.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Re the Modlite pistol light, with the release of the SF x300 Turbos I’ve got no need to change lights and then I don’t need to change holsters - but that’s an overt, openly worn etc set-up. The switching is the reason I won’t change.
    Better yet, due to the turbo I switched from a u-boat, to a PL-350, then back to a Turbo. The reliability loss on the 350 was worth scrapping multiple holsters for that light and going back to surefire.

User Tag List