Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock performance trigger in a Glock gen 4 17

Glock performance trigger in a Glock gen 4 17

I put the Glock performance trigger in my glock gen 4 17. And the only modification to make it work was to use a Glock slide plate off of a Gen 5 or file down the stock Gen 4 Glock slide plate.
    I put almost 200 rounds through it today and had zero issues if anything changes I'll let you folks know.
    My pull weight on this performance trigger in my gen 4 17 is about 3 lb 6 oz. The performance trigger I have in my gen 5 19 is 3 lb 7 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    I put the Glock performance trigger in my glock gen 4 17. And the only modification to make it work was to use a Glock slide plate off of a Gen 5 or file down the stock Gen 4 Glock slide plate.
    I put almost 200 rounds through it today and had zero issues if anything changes I'll let you folks know.
    My pull weight on this performance trigger in my gen 4 17 is about 3 lb 6 oz. The performance trigger I have in my gen 5 19 is 3 lb 7 oz.
    This is cool; wonder if it'd work in a gen2?

I don't know much about that. There's a few YouTube videos on it already I believe about doing it to a Gen 3.

Gen5 specific from factory.

The trigger housing changes from Gen3 pistols on- Gens4&5 are smaller dimensionally. So this assembly won’t work with earlier generations.
    That said, it looks like Johnny Glock is trying to retrofit parts. Whether that works remains to be seen, but the factory packaging specifies Gen5 only.

If they were reverse compatible, you could just change the trigger on your old gun instead of buying a new Gen 5 and we can't have that.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I don't know much about that. There's a few YouTube videos on it already I believe about doing it to a Gen 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    The trigger housing changes from Gen3 pistols on- Gens4&5 are smaller dimensionally. So this assembly won’t work with earlier generations.
    That said, it looks like Johnny Glock is trying to retrofit parts. Whether that works remains to be seen, but the factory packaging specifies Gen5 only.
    I found one video that showed it installed on a Gen 3 but he didn't go into details because of YouTube policy, stating only that it required a small modification to the trigger housing that could be figured out by most people with just a bit of study and comparison.
    I'm guessing the trigger housing pin would be doing most of the work here supporting the housing as there is probably a gap left at the back strap section of the frame.

https://youtu.be/FGMiYWcr4jw

Products evolve over time. The Gen5 Glocks have enough improvements that I’ve bought some personally. Marksmen barrel, different breech face, no finger grooves and a slightly flared mag well are some of what I appreciate. If one likes their earlier generation(s), drive on. But Glock has moved on to this fifth generation for the most part, and that’s what these fit in.
    These units have been out for less than a month. People being people will modify newer stuff for older stuff. An analogy that comes to mind is drooping V8s into Volkswagens; some folks figured it out.
    If someone wants to mod their competition gun I wish them the best of luck. I wouldn’t put this in an earlier generation that I might use in a defensive situation- JMO and ymmv.

Products evolve over time. The Gen5 Glocks have enough improvements that I’ve bought some personally. Marksmen barrel, different breech face, no finger grooves and a slightly flared mag well are some of what I appreciate. If one likes their earlier generation(s), drive on. But Glock has moved on to this fifth generation for the most part, and that’s what these fit in.
    These units have been out for less than a month. People being people will modify newer stuff for older stuff. An analogy that comes to mind is drooping V8s into Volkswagens; some folks figured it out.
    If someone wants to mod their competition gun I wish them the best of luck. I wouldn’t put this in an earlier generation that I might use in a defensive situation- JMO and ymmv.
    Yep yep. This is an academic/fun discussion IMO, not for serious work. Last I checked the likely price on a Gen5 19 is a GSSF membership + $445 (suggested $425 plus usually $20 for the people not in blue). (and GSSF-wise, this would definitely put the putative 19.2 in the unlimited category along with the dot wielders, so not effective there either).

The only thing I don't like about gen 5 are they removed the finger grooves.

Site Supporter
    The only thing I don't like about gen 5 are they removed the finger grooves.
    You would be in the minority.

User Tag List