I am in search of leather work gloves. My current go to is Wells Lamont HydraHyde leather palm with a spandex back. Available at Lowes and most any hardware store, I've never not be able to find a pair. I like these because I have big hands with short fat fingers. I buy a size smaller because the spandex will stretch to fit my hand and I don't get fingers that are too long. I was getting them for about $12 but inflation has pushed them closer to $20. I wear out several pair a year and I have melted the spandex a time or 2.

I would like to get into a full leather glove but because of sizing issues, I am left wanting. I can get into a driver style glove that is deerskin or elk but they just don't hold up long enough to justify the higher cost. I have always seen my gloves as a consumable which makes higher priced gloves that doesn't last any longer not worth it, i.e. Mechanix's.

I am considering a custom maker as long as they can be rebuilt/repaired like my Whites boots.

I have been recommended to Vermont glove, Leather Gloves, Mitts, & Wool Liners | Vermont Glove by several people but when asked how they like theirs I get a "well I don't actually have a pair."
Thier website says the gloves are repairable, I have emailed to see how repairable, and the average cost of repairs are.

Does anyone here have any experience with this company?

Is there any other?

I believe there is another in the Pac Nor area but I can't find any info.