Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immediate Action Carrier with Cecil Burch of Immediate Action Combatives

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar

Immediate Action Carrier with Cecil Burch of Immediate Action Combatives

@Cecil Burch hit me some time ago on this and we finally got it worked up and released!

IAC for 38/357

Name:  MF7A8881-Site.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  78.4 KB
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

The response has been so overwhelming that we are moving soon to add calibers. Stand by for a survey to see what should be next
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Very cool! Just need them in wolf grey please. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    The response has been so overwhelming that we are moving soon to add calibers. Stand by for a survey to see what should be next
    Indeed it has! I assume I can speak for Cecil as well in that my forum time has been down a ton and I dislike the notion that I popped in to advertise essentially, but the P-F crowd has done well by both of us and keeps us going so we appreciate it a ton! We got some other stuff cooking for this line that we think everyone will dig.
    Dark Star Gear

Some Questions before I part with money, possibly adding extra for gifts:

- Is the belt mount a solid loop as it appears to be?

- What sort of lifestyle use have people put them through, so far? (Skateboarding, motorcycling, hiking, cycling, free climbing, dealing with livestock, stuff like that.)

- How well does it protect the tips of lead semi-wadcutter hollowpoints or semi-jacketed hollowpoints?

- Does it retain nickeled cases well or is brass a better bet?

- Has anyone dropped cartridges out of one, yet? If so, while doing what?

- How does this cartridge holder print compared to a 2x2x2 or cartridge loops on a belt slide?

I could see this being handy for pants that don't have proper belt loop position to fit my 2x2x2 or six cartridge slide. Or segregating a couple field loads for hunting season overlap to be able to pop in a couple field loads if I trip over a promising bit of sign while doing other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Some Questions before I part with money, possibly adding extra for gifts:
    - Is the belt mount a solid loop as it appears to be?.
    It is solid and sized for normal 1.5" belts. Wilderness was our reference and it works with other belts in that realm. EDC is another that fits and I know the owner of EDC and Daryl Bolke are users of them along with testers for us.

- What sort of lifestyle use have people put them through, so far? (Skateboarding, motorcycling, hiking, cycling, free climbing, dealing with livestock, stuff like that.)
    Motorcycle, yes, but I'm not sure that riding a bike is truly demanding on them. I've hiked, jumped around, hung upside down, rolled on a mat a bit, and so on without much of an issue. There will obviously be circumstances where they may not hold, but I suspect most people will understand why when it happens.

- How well does it protect the tips of lead semi-wadcutter hollowpoints or semi-jacketed hollowpoints?.
    Quite well. You'd really need to have a lucky hit for the round to be impacted. I'll post a pic on the site for reference.

- Does it retain nickeled cases well or is brass a better bet?
    The friction between materials is moot, it's a size thing.

- Has anyone dropped cartridges out of one, yet? If so, while doing what?
    One or two looser fitting rounds have not been retained well, not so much fallen out, but these are nylon and will take a little adjustment if your preferred rounds tend to be on the smaller size. Additionally, a small dab of glue or paint on the inside to take up a little extra space works as well.

- How does this cartridge holder print compared to a 2x2x2 or cartridge loops on a belt slide?
    In my mind less as having two divisions allows the set of three to conform to the body much better. The material used also allows it to be thinner on the belt. At the same time, neither these or the run of the mill leather carriers are exceedingly difficult to conceal.

I could see this being handy for pants that don't have proper belt loop position to fit my 2x2x2 or six cartridge slide. Or segregating a couple field loads for hunting season overlap to be able to pop in a couple field loads if I trip over a promising bit of sign while doing other stuff.
    All of that and more is why these exist. It's 100% Cecil's idea, but once we got moving, there are a lot of little ways these can work pretty well. That's not to say the alternatives are bad either, but we've found more bonuses than expected with them.
    Dark Star Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    ...I'm not sure that riding a bike is truly demanding on them...
    Depends on how one rides a bike and in what position plus the location of the carrier. Hunched in a more sporty tuck with knees just about in your chest every crank rotation is quite hard on anything carried up front but also tests stuff to the sides and back. Likewise properly countersitting on something more nimble than a motorcycle. Stuff shifts more on a properly ridden bicycle than a motorcycle.

Mine works like a champ on retaining rounds. I normally keep my front pocket 342 J-frame loaded with the most excellent wadcutters that Mark Fricke helped develop.

But I like to carry two standard velocity Gold Dots in Cecil's spare carrier, and have never had a problem with them falling out.

Excellent piece of gear!

Site Supporter
    Any plans for a .32 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Any plans for a .32 version?
    I have a Ruger LR in 327 Federal Magnum. I'd love that.

User Tag List