Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apollo Introduction

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar

Apollo Introduction

We dropped these on Black Friday, but haven't shared too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5PWuCnsyn8&t=2s

The gist is offering a large batch produced item that we can keep in stock, offer something for everyone (ambi), and make a "G19" of holsters. Basically offer enough stuff such that your friend can buy it, try it, and then learn what they like. Once they determine what they like, want, and need in a holster, the Apollo may still be it. Using a small blocking boss, and tucking it outta the way, we can prevent lefty features from bugging right handed users, and the reverse. There are some interpretations of ambi stuff that takes no consideration for the other side and we're not fans. The other ambi products out there that don't suffer this, but they're in a different price bracket.

Currently available for the Hellcat, P365XL, G48, Shield, G19 (dropping soon), 2011 (dropping soon), and a few more favorites.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

The Apollo is quickly becoming one of my favorite AIWB holsters. It managed to dethrown the M&P Shield AIWB Tom made for me 10 years ago.

Name:  20230128_221202-01.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  95.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Is the 365xL holster extended like the hitchhiker, or is it flush with the muzzle of the 365xL like the Phlster skeleton?

Quote Originally Posted by jrbway View Post
    Is the 365xL holster extended like the hitchhiker, or is it flush with the muzzle of the 365xL like the Phlster skeleton?
    It's P365XL length. The Hitchhiker is the P365XL+PMM comp length model, the Apollo is stock length to cut down on CS interactions because no matter what, folks email about it. We've had more than one person say the length bothered them, like they couldn't wrap their head around it, and even though it was more comfortable and concealable, they wanted a return because bother.
    Dark Star Gear

Site Supporter
    Any updates on your long-rumored AIWB's for the "New" Colt Cobra & S&W Model 66 Snubby? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    Any updates on your long-rumored AIWB's for the "New" Colt Cobra & S&W Model 66 Snubby? Thanks!
    K-Frame molds in testing. If you're who I think you are, Ima be sending you one shortly.
    Dark Star Gear

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    K-Frame molds in testing. If you're who I think you are, Ima be sending you one shortly.
    I'll be happy to oblige, REGARDLESS of who you think I am... But seriously, if Tom sent me a little "Care Package" with some Hardware recently, I'm probably who you think I am...And if not, I'm really not THAT big a PITA...LOL!

Site Supporter
    Do you have any idea how well a DWX (full or compact) would fit in the Apollo?

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Do you have any idea how well a DWX (full or compact) would fit in the Apollo?
    Not certain, I've not had hands on one yet.
    Dark Star Gear

Any time frame for the new J frame apollo holsters?

Specifically looking for one that accepts the DCC clip.

User Tag List