Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HRF Concepts COVR for RMR

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Maybe that rumor that someone posted about a rmr type 3 at shot show will shake out for the NRA show. An rmr using the changes to the rmr cc, (deck) with a top load battery would be nice. (No info on my part, someone else posted the rumor and I’m just adding my hopes). The rmr conceals just a little better than the acro in my very limited experience. If they could add just a touch of hight to the acro window that would be great too.

Jason
    The chatter is that Trijicon has a closed emitter optic design. They may call it an RMR type three for marketing purposes but for this to be a decent optic, it needs to be a fresh design. if they wanna be competitive, they need both to closed emitter and a top or side load battery.

Patricia, is also have their own worst enemy so we’ll see.

Historically Trijicon has released new products like the SRO at NRA rather than SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The chatter is that Trijicon has a closed emitter optic design. They may call it an RMR type three for marketing purposes but for this to be a decent optic, it needs to be a fresh design. if they wanna be competitive, they need both to closed emitter and a top or side load battery.

Patricia, is also have their own worst enemy so we’ll see.

Historically Trijicon has released new products like the SRO at NRA rather than SHOT.
    Wonder if they could make it like a 509 with an RMR adapter plate and a cross bolt.

Then maybe Holosun could sue Trijicon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’m more concerned it’s going to trap water in if they don’t execute it right… like a fogged tail lamp on a car with a compromised seal.

And then that might eff you up worse than rain you could shake off of an open emitter.
    A light smear of silicone caulk or the ubiquitous E3000 would probably mitigate that, at least WRT atmospheric humidity.

Site Supporter
    Wonder if they could make it like a 509 with an RMR adapter plate and a cross bolt.

Then maybe Holosun could sue Trijicon lol.
    I was thinking something like an EPS.

Whatever they do, they need to use an existing footprint. Preferably the ACRO footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I was thinking something like an EPS.

Whatever they do, they need to use an existing footprint. Preferably the ACRO footprint.
    Do you think their ego will let them use a K cut or something that they should have done with the RMRcc but didn’t?

I hope so for their survival, but ego is a hard thing to shake.

SRO is the best because of the window geometry but as soon as someone makes something viable and similar I’m out. I hope they don’t think that the SRO is done in evolution.

The cynic in me thinks it’s just going to be a cover to keep mud and rain out but require periodic removal and cleaning.

If they were really going to be slick and try an airtight seal, they could include a large plastic bag with desiccant pouches… tape your arms into the bag and assemble the optic inside your mini dehumidified compartment.
    Well, my main concern with the drawing concept is that if they do use an elastomeric gasket of some sort, I can't see how that would work with the way they appear to be using an extra-long screw set to mount the whole thing, without a corresponding groove on the RMR body to allow metal-to-metal contact.

It's clear this is just a drawing concept, not an actual product. I'm not saying this is another Zenk revolver, mind you- just that there's a few things to be sorted out before this can be a viable product.

I also don't think you really need more than warming up the parts to ~120F with a heat gun to solve the trapped humidity thing. Maybe people shooting RomeoPro 2's can weigh in on how much of an issue this really is.

I’m guessing here that the RMR is mounted with a proprietary fastener, something like a double ended Chicago screw, and that the cover anchors into those. At least that’s the concept I’d be trying first.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m guessing here that the RMR is mounted with a proprietary fastener, something like a double ended Chicago screw, and that the cover anchors into those. At least that’s the concept I’d be trying first.
    Yes, that is one way around this, but thread sizes become an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Yes, that is one way around this, but thread sizes become an issue.
    Extending the threads upward would put screws directly in the field of view, no?

I would think of something like a metal ring that affixes to the RMR screws, and halos the rear shield and then has a cover screw insert from the top.

So basically instead of a Chicago screw... have a Chicago ring with threads top and bottom.

These definitely have the potential for making RMRs better for my uses (concealed carry.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List