Thread: Align Tactical P320 Magwell for Standard Mags

Site Supporter

Align Tactical P320 Magwell for Standard Mags

Stumbled on this at random over at AIM surplus.

There are several magwells for the P320 X series grips but none that I’m aware of work with the 10/17 round P320 mags with the standard base plate. All require either the extended 21 round mags or the legion magazine baseplate.

The Align Ractical apparently works with the standard mags and claims to have an integral over insertion stop.

This is interesting since as discussed elsewhere my agency has experienced some over insertion issues with the factory magwell and factory 21 round mags.

@WobblyPossum

@Gadfly

https://aimsurplus.com/products/alig...-magwell-black

Align Tactical X-UNIVERSAL 10-30 MAGWELL provides an enlarged funnel with patent-pending Over-Travel Compensating Guide, for the unique ability to accept OEM 10/17 round magazines without needing aftermarket floor plates!

Offers reloading speed and consistency of All Sig Sauer X-Series compatible (10/17/21/30) round OEM magazines with polymer or Legion/AXG floor plates.

Front ledge doubles as a palm support to lock in your grip.

Fits Sig Sauer P320 X-Series FULL & CARRY OEM grip modules (Not compatible with X-Compact/AXG/Standard grip modules)

Precision CNC Machined from 7075 Aluminum
    Name:  6A067F8C-7BB8-42F5-8852-82135AC58BE1.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  0AB4825B-1BF5-4C7E-95FE-ED134877E83B.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  19.6 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 01-25-2023 at 01:37 PM.

And like that, I'm $97.81 poorer....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Received and playing around with it. Initial impression is that the acceptance of normal base plates is only there as a backup. The factory baseplate is very flush with the bottom of the magazine well - like buried up in there. I can see a pulldown on a presscheck or a magazine strip for a malfunction reduction being a no-go with it. I do like the mag well function and I may go to extended base plates for normal use and take assurance that I can feed it normal baseplate magazines in a pinch.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

How do the active idpa shooters deal with frequent slide lock reloads and the 320 ejector?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm using the Henning Group extended basepads on most of mine; with the X-Carry grip module I haven't felt a pressing need for needing to go to an additional magwell. Plus, the IDPA rules may make them a bit problematic for SSP division.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List