Thread: Deltapoint Pro for $325? Worth it?

Deltapoint Pro for $325? Worth it?

I was shooting in my local pistol league last night at an indoor range. The light was marginal. I was feeling the limitation of the Burris Fastfire III I was using. The light transmission and clarity just weren’t quite enough for the lighting conditions of a darker target area downrange, and a bright firing line.

Today I was at my local cop shop, and they have a sealed Deltapoint Pro on sale for $325. Is this upgrade worth it? Will I get better clarity and light transmission with the Leupold?

Not a dealbreaker, but I saw that the box doesn’t include a pic rail adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say "yes" to the question as asked, however...

I would also consider looking at Trijicon and Holosun. The Deltapoint Pro is a perfectly suitable optic, but it is not without its shortcomings, the biggest of which is the extremely tall deck height. The Fastfire is kind of a hobby grade optic and you may find that the RMR, SRO, 407C/507C/508T, 509T, EPS, etc. all perform better in pretty much every measurable way. I would also consider the upcoming 507competition if you want a big window.

Site Supporter
    Part of the answer may be how your pistol is set up for optic mounting. Can you easily mount a DeltaPoint on whatever optics cut you have? Is an adapter plate needed, and if so is it readily available?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I'll say "yes" to the question as asked, however...

I would also consider looking at Trijicon and Holosun. The Deltapoint Pro is a perfectly suitable optic, but it is not without its shortcomings, the biggest of which is the extremely tall deck height. The Fastfire is kind of a hobby grade optic and you may find that the RMR, SRO, 407C/507C/508T, 509T, EPS, etc. all perform better in pretty much every measurable way. I would also consider the upcoming 507competition if you want a big window.
    I appreciate the input. I don’t have much experience with red dots, and had no idea the Fastfire is hobby grade compared to the holosun. I know the rmr and Sro are a cut above.

I’ve futzed around with three different Fastfires, with good luck, but in hobby applications. My previous experience is with Accudots, shooting bullseye. For duty use, I have an ACRO p2, but I’m still breaking myself in to using that. I need more rounds downrange before I carry it on duty.

The deck height isn’t an issue for me; the pistol in question is an S&W 617 (.22 k frame). I have a pic rail bolted to the top strap.

The key item I’m looking at is glass clarity and light transmission.

I ended up buying the Deltapoint.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Part of the answer may be how your pistol is set up for optic mounting. Can you easily mount a DeltaPoint on whatever optics cut you have? Is an adapter plate needed, and if so is it readily available?
    Thanks, Bill. I’m my case I have the optic on a Weig-a-tinny k-frame mount. So mounting isn’t an issue, nor is iron sight co-witness or similar.

User Tag List