Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Carry Optics - Shadow 2 Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo_sammiches View Post
    So far so good. 23+1 reloadable. Is your mag tube a mecgar 17? There seems to be a lot of different experiences of what works. It could perhaps be due to overall length of the ammo, not sure but I load way short compared to most
    They are mecgars, I presume the 17s. I think they also make 18, I am not sure. Out of town this week so I can't check. I use factory 115 grain ammo almost exclusively; I guess that could be a factor.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I’ve got a set of Mecgar 17 rnd mags with the TTI basepads, Grams springs and followers that are going on 4 years of a lot of shooting and no signs of the springs wearing out. Can hand load to 23 but certainly a Maglula makes it easier. I haven’t seen any signs of the basepads getting damaged and they’ve been dropped a lot, but on gravel/sand/dirt. I hardly ever shoot indoors or on concrete.

thanks!

This is all fantastic, thanks!

So, i think i'm going to leave the mags alone for now, and put the RRK on the top of my list, and then see how much the springs would be. I don't know what each of the springs do in relation to use, but I imagine they would all be good changes!

Thanks everyone!

This all is great!

So it looks like for sure I will get the reach reduction Kit, and then look at the springs, although I don't know how they affect anything. And go from there! Thanks for y'alls help!

I recommend the following

CZC Short reach trigger (I use it for no set screws nothing wrong with the CGW short reach trigger but you will need to properly lock tight the screws and keep an eye on them)
    CGW short reach disconnector
    CGW Hammer (I use their hammer pins as well)
    11.5 Main Spring (depending on your ammo you may need a 13 order both)
    Rami Firing pin spring

This is what I run in my guns. As for CO mags I use MBX and factory CZ 17rd mags with Henning Bases and Grams spring kits. Still testing the Rune Tactical ones but I am seeing a reliable 24+1 in the 4 I have so far.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    I recommend the following

CZC Short reach trigger (I use it for no set screws nothing wrong with the CGW short reach trigger but you will need to properly lock tight the screws and keep an eye on them)
    CGW short reach disconnector
    CGW Hammer (I use their hammer pins as well)
    11.5 Main Spring (depending on your ammo you may need a 13 order both)
    Rami Firing pin spring

This is what I run in my guns. As for CO mags I use MBX and factory CZ 17rd mags with Henning Bases and Grams spring kits. Still testing the Rune Tactical ones but I am seeing a reliable 24+1 in the 4 I have so far.
    This is great info, thank you! When you are talking about the main spring. you mention that depending on my ammo, I may need a different one. What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by jrobinson View Post
    This is great info, thank you! When you are talking about the main spring. you mention that depending on my ammo, I may need a different one. What do you mean?
    different primers/Quality of loads might take a heavier main spring to reliabily ignite. I have had good luck with 11.5 but some primers/loads will need a 13.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Also, is the short reach trigger the same thing as the reach reduction kit? I'm not seeing it on CZC

Also, is the short reach trigger the same thing as the reach reduction kit? I'm not seeing it on CZC
    CGW Kit
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

of all the mods people do to CZs the reach reduction kit causes the most problems I've seen. It shortens the trigger reach sure, but it also shortens the stroke of the hammer in DA, sometimes by a lot, and I see so many light strikes as a result, even with light firing pin springs and such. Not worth it to me, even for people with short fingers.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List