Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USPSA Carry Optics - Shadow 2 Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    of all the mods people do to CZs the reach reduction kit causes the most problems I've seen. It shortens the trigger reach sure, but it also shortens the stroke of the hammer in DA, sometimes by a lot, and I see so many light strikes as a result, even with light firing pin springs and such. Not worth it to me, even for people with short fingers.
    I don’t go that light on the hammer spring and I use Syntech that is even easier to ignite than regular Federal primers.

Many 10s of thousands of rounds and never a light strike for me. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I don’t go that light on the hammer spring and I use Syntech that is even easier to ignite than regular Federal primers.

Many 10s of thousands of rounds and never a light strike for me. YMMV.
    Yeah no going super light on the springs definitely mitigates the issue. But I find that more and more people go all in and end up with 7lb hammer springs or something and the reach reduction kit, because hey heard they need that short reach, and then nothing but problems thereafter. I've removed over 50 of them over the last few years for fellow competitors up here. It's brutal. And it seems the new version of the Eemanntech disco is short reach, which sucks.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    of all the mods people do to CZs the reach reduction kit causes the most problems I've seen. It shortens the trigger reach sure, but it also shortens the stroke of the hammer in DA, sometimes by a lot, and I see so many light strikes as a result, even with light firing pin springs and such. Not worth it to me, even for people with short fingers.
    I ran into that with the RRK and 11.5# spring. I had to switch to the 13#, and even that has trouble with some harder/magnum primers(which was never an issue until covid)

However for me, I did find the shorter DA pull more helpful than the pound or so of pull weight that I was "saving" with the 11.5#, plus my SA went down with the heavier hammer spring

Now anything the CZ doesn't like goes into 2011 or glock loads

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I ran into that with the RRK and 11.5# spring. I had to switch to the 13#, and even that has trouble with some harder/magnum primers(which was never an issue until covid)

However for me, I did find the shorter DA pull more helpful than the pound or so of pull weight that I was "saving" with the 11.5#, plus my SA went down with the heavier hammer spring

Now anything the CZ doesn't like goes into 2011 or glock loads
    Same here only it was with the CZC short DA disco that you need to run with their flat DA/SA trigger. It worked just fine on one gun but the second one I had a short stroke of the hammer in DA mode. I ended up re-installing the stock disco and went with the Armory Craft trigger that is less curved than stock. No more short stroke hammer issues.

But on the first gun, the short DA disco is working perfectly and the hammer has a full stroke in DA near as I can tell.

Great help!

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Small Update

Just ordered a reach reduction kit. Let's see how it does!

User Tag List