Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N-frame question/issue?

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    An excellent point. To expand on this point, the trigger rebound spring could have been replaced with one that's too light as part of a trigger "job".
    I was also thinking rusted hammer spring preventing full extension of spring. So when tilted the hammer leg and spring assembly falls off the ledge and doesn’t engage.

But when held vertical it remains in the proper orientation until it catches the ledge partway through the trigger pull.

@Evil_Ed

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Have you taken off the grips to see how the hammer spring and hammer strut is seated?
    Yes, it was necessary to remove the side plate, as mentioned above...

The hammer strut and etc was seated; there were no spring changes for a trigger job - any receipts (including for the grips) were in the box, and none of them had a gunsmith on them. The gun was a duty gun, and the trigger/springs etc all worked; return was vigorous, nothing felt weak of off in any way...it was like a mechanical linkage just wasn't there, or slipped off, or something.

After popping off the side plate and looking around, doing some light scrubbing, putting some fresh oil on things and exercising things...it seems to be better. It's just odd, and considering the age of the gun and the system, I'm sure someone else has run into the same issue..

FWIW - Zero problems now, spent a few minutes dry-firing with snap caps in just about every imaginable orientation and it works as it should...leaking a little oil here and there, but after owning Jeeps for most of my adult life, I'm used to it

Concur on Jeep oil leaks.

User Tag List