Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullpups, good alternative to AR pistols?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I've got an FS2000 and RDB because I'm a lefty. So hearing your glowing praise of a lefty-bolted AUG is going to be *expensive*
    At one point I had both the FS2000 and Aug and I got rid of the AUG way before the FS2000. The tactical tuna is the best of the bullpup bunch IMO. But that too is gone and I learned to love the AR.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I've got an FS2000 and RDB because I'm a lefty. So hearing your glowing praise of a lefty-bolted AUG is going to be *expensive*
    Check out the Corvus Defensio case deflector. You can buy it on the Steyr site under AUG accessories for $125. It’s a lot cheaper than a left handed bolt which they sell for $330.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Adding to your point:

Knowing that any of my family can pick up the gun without running afoul of the NFA: priceless.

Knowing that if I die, and my wife or (when they are adults) one of my kids ends up with the gun, they will not go to jail for forgetting to do something required by the ATF to comply with the NFA: priceless.
    Trusts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Trusts
    Trusts solve some of the problems, but not all of them. What happens when your heirs move to another state without first filing the necessary form with ATF and getting permission to take the gun across state lines?

So I think I am leaning toward a x95. I have a very nice bcm mk2 that I love. I have a second set up almost exactly but a standard bcm. Gonna start saving my pennies and grab whatever x95 I can find cheapest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Trusts solve some of the problems, but not all of them. What happens when your heirs move to another state without first filing the necessary form with ATF and getting permission to take the gun across state lines?
    The same thing that happens if they move from a still free-ish state like PA to a gulag state NY or NJ.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The same thing that happens if they move from a still free-ish state like PA to a gulag state NY or NJ.
    Good point. At least in the case of my family, moving to another free state is significantly more likely even if not for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So I think I am leaning toward a x95. I have a very nice bcm mk2 that I love. I have a second set up almost exactly but a standard bcm. Gonna start saving my pennies and grab whatever x95 I can find cheapest.
    Let me know if you want any impressions or direct comparisons. I have a couple X95s and would be happy to help.

X95s balance well even if carried and shot one handed. I like the balance with adding a suppressor on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Let me know if you want any impressions or direct comparisons. I have a couple X95s and would be happy to help.

X95s balance well even if carried and shot one handed. I like the balance with adding a suppressor on the nose.
    Ya if you have the time @JCN.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Ya if you have the time @JCN.
    Is there anything specific you'd like to know and for what role you're thinking of using it? It is pretty heavy but at least not nose heavy.

User Tag List