Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: External Extractor Kimber?

External Extractor Kimber?

Anyone have one or a line on one for sale? 45ACP only. For research. Would prefer if it were "unreliable."

Damn BLR, did you invest in Apple back in the day or somehing? How the hell do you afford all this sh*t???
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

It's a work expense I bet.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Damn BLR, did you invest in Apple back in the day or somehing? How the hell do you afford all this sh*t???
    Without being immodest - I'm a single guy. I own the engineering firm I work for. And I am very, very aggressive at work. I work 7 days a week, often 65 to 70 hrs. When all my friends were starting families right after college, I was building my business.

And BOM is right, some of this is a business expense. We do quite a bit of ballistics testing. From internal ballistics to impact physics. But this gun will be for a book that I am writing, and to satisfy a curiosity.

Sonofabitch, I'm in the wrong profession.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    . Would prefer if it were "unreliable."
    From my experience you won't have to sort a lot of wheat to find that particular chaff.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    But this gun will be for a book that I am writing...
    This has me very interested.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

I'll look for one, pm me your contact info and I'll put you in touch with antbody who's trying to sell one.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

blr

while your looking for a Kimber... would you finish your report on your Colt in the 2k challenge thread?

Funny you should ask! She's done, and I'm now done with 2k challenges. Not that I'm against them, but they've proven all they can to me.

A teaser for when I'm finished drinking beer and eating chicken wings tongiht:

The SACS 10mm "Pro" was my comp gun for tonight. The little bro shot the colt through its 2k challenge (sucessfully)

FYI - this is an "A" example of checkering:

Sorry, WCR - the 47 mag didn't live up to my Wilson Combat expectations - failure to lock back a few times. No troubles wiht the Tripps.

And this is an example of a "C-" mag well:

Note the flawed blending? Yep. Bummed on that.

Till tomorrow guy and Tamara (hope you get lots of good news over the next couple of months).

User Tag List