Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster for S&W 5906

Site Supporter

Holster for S&W 5906

The 5906 I bought is finally ready to ship, so I'm looking for a decent-quality OWB holster for it. I've found that most of the traditional ready-made holster companies no longer offer holsters for it, nor do the go-to kydex benders. I don't see myself carrying it often, so I don't want to invest in something like a Privateer or Milt Sparks. I'm agnostic as to leather or kydex. Any suggestions?

One holster I'm interested in is this one. It's relatively inexpensive. Has anyone used one of these?

None of the kydex makers I have in my bookmarks offer holsters for this gun. If you know of one that does, please let me know.

TIA!

Vintage gun leather
    may be a good choice.

Some of their stuff is super expensive, but some is reasonable.

Milt Sparks made this for my 5906;

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Holster for S&W 5906

You might check Simply Rugged for a leather OWB. I think Kramer Leather still offers holsters for those guns too, but they run about as much as Sparks.

Check Don Hume.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Check Don Hume.
    I did, they no longer list it. It's the first place I checked. I think Vintage Gun Leather has some NOS Don Hume but they want the same price as custom.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I did, they no longer list it. It's the first place I checked. I think Vintage Gun Leather has some NOS Don Hume but they want the same price as custom.

I'm seeing the 5906 and 4006 here.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I'm seeing the 5906 and 4006 here.
    Thanks, Lee!

I was looking for this one, and they don't offer it for the 3rd generation autos. You can get one for a P99, though. They offer the version with a thumb snap, but I don't want the thumb snap. They also offer two different belt slides for it, but again, that's not what I was looking for.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Wes at Privateer lists it too.

https://www.privateerleather.com/gun-list
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Try E bay lots of new old stock and vintage 5906 holsters on there.

User Tag List