Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top-Loading Tikka T3x

Thanks for all the info. Would love to have a T3x, but have so many years with being able to top off a magazine, I’ve been hesitant. With their accuracy, I might could get used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    At $60+ per mag
    The plastic mags seem to be $35-40:
    https://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-magazines.aspx

CTR metal mags are closer to $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Thanks for all the info. Would love to have a T3x, but have so many years with being able to top off a magazine, I’ve been hesitant. With their accuracy, I might could get used to that.
    Carry a spare magazine. Swap mags and top off the loose mag.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Sako 85s are the only one I am aware of. And the Fierce rifles based on them.
    Wow. Good to learn this. My attention has just shifted from Tikka T3x to Sako 85. (I have been looking at lefty-actions at an LGS.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I did a quick search and it appears there are some loading blocks available for the T3

Is there any mag fed bolt gun that can be top fed? (like an internal mag)
    I believe you can top load the Benelli Lupo.

Site Supporter
    Tikka is owned by Beretta and Beretta USA has frequent sales which include Tikka Mags.

There is no good reason not to have at least two or three mags for the rifle.

Like AUG mags, polymer doesn’t always equal cheap or flimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    The plastic mags seem to be $35-40:
    https://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-magazines.aspx

CTR metal mags are closer to $100.
    True. Prices ranges I've paid for the 5rd 308 and 6.5 T3x mags are $35 to $45. Even Beretta currently lists the 5rd mags at $50. Online retailers will have them for less, SW has them for $45, Eurooptic like you said has mine for $38.

To the point from @Lost River, same thing, my T3x (and for that matter, my T1x) mags have been 100% reliable. Never saw a need to get into pricey aftermarket aluminum mags.

I'm really out of the loop but I know NRA High Power Rifle matches used to have strings of fire that required you to single load rounds (I supposed you could have 5-10 mags with single rounds in them if you wanted to) but I seem to remember guys having mags that were basically dummy mags with specific gemoetry to allow them to drop a round in and chamber it without any issues.

I don't know if those are still a thing or if my memory is even accurate on them.

If your goal is just to be able to single load give those a look. I'm trying to google them now but turning up nothing so far.

On the other hand if your goal is to top the mag off while it's inserted in the gun you might be SOL.

Editing to add:

I found this one that is designed for AR-15 style rifles but obviously woudl work with any gun that took STANAG mags

https://www.eabco.net/Original-Bob-S...e_p_15811.html
    https://www.eabco.net/Original-Bob-S...e_p_15814.html

So if you just want to single load a bolt gun this might work for you if it usess AR mags.

Is there any mag fed bolt gun that can be top fed? (like an internal mag)
    Lee Enfield, baby! And still viable after 120+ years... Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List