Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safariland Vault Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I suspect that this will be huge for P320 issuing departments-or probably should be...

Best, Jon
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Will it accommodate a pressure switch?
    NOPE

I was at the press conference;

@AMC & @SoCalDep - I never thought I'd support Blackhawk but that T series holster is very well executed. I'd like it more if they remember the M&P exists and left-handers carry guns too.

US Duty Gear is continuing to do good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    NOPE

I was at the press conference;

@AMC & @SoCalDep - I never thought I'd support Blackhawk but that T series holster is very well executed. I'd like it more if they remember the M&P exists and left-handers carry guns too.

US Duty Gear is continuing to do good things.
    I get that even the name “vault” is probably designed to market to liability wary law enforcement agencies rather than individuals who want good performance - they’re probably going where the money is. I can’t fault them... but I fault them.

The T-series really is a good holster. I have a couple for Glocks and recently bought one for Staccato but I agree that one for the M&P is very much needed... and with M&P and Glock we need Surefire options as well...

That said, it accommodates the light and laser series and pressure switches, so some serious dudes who carry Staccatos with X400Gs are using Blackhawk who probably had been and would have been using Safariland.

I just need to practice the draw because it is certainly different with a safety-equipped pistol and I’m used to a SLS-style hood.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I get that even the name “vault” is probably designed to market to liability wary law enforcement agencies rather than individuals who want good performance - they’re probably going where the money is. I can’t fault them... but I fault them.

The T-series really is a good holster. I have a couple for Glocks and recently bought one for Staccato but I agree that one for the M&P is very much needed... and with M&P and Glock we need Surefire options as well...

That said, it accommodates the light and laser series and pressure switches, so some serious dudes who carry Staccatos with X400Gs are using Blackhawk who probably had been and would have been using Safariland.

I just need to practice the draw because it is certainly different with a safety-equipped pistol and I’m used to a SLS-style hood.
    There are complaints about the number of screws in the Alien Gear holster, that came up in the press conference but Safariland said these are bolts not screws.

I've got a T series for my Staccato/light/optic combo. The draw is a bit off because of the paddles location in relation to the thumb safety.

Anyone used one of these yet? I’m in the market for a rds holster for work. I’m currently using a 7 series als only with the little als cover and may just go with the rds version. The only hesitation I’ve have with the Blackhawk T series is the needing the light attached to lock the gun in, and honestly I’m not sure how much that matters vs a nice to feature.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Anyone used one of these yet? I’m in the market for a rds holster for work. I’m currently using a 7 series als only with the little als cover and may just go with the rds version. The only hesitation I’ve have with the Blackhawk T series is the needing the light attached to lock the gun in, and honestly I’m not sure how much that matters vs a nice to feature.

Jason
    How often are you using a duty holster with no light on the gun? I am still using the 6390 RDS and there is much less gap in it than legacy models. I can’t it a finger in there and doubt any adult could either. And it won’t shatter like the 7xxx holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    How often are you using a duty holster with no light on the gun? I am still using the 6390 RDS and there is much less gap in it than legacy models. I can’t it a finger in there and doubt any adult could either. And it won’t shatter like the 7xxx holsters.
    That’s my hang up. Most of the time the issued work plain clothes gun is a Glock 43x with a shield magazine. The full size gun usually goes on with a gun belt. I’ve a a few occasions when I’ve pulled the light and carried the full size gun appendix. So maybe a nice’ta vs needed.

Jason

Every holster I used was from the Safariland SLS line. My first two just had the hood. The most recent had the hood and thumb lock. A never carried with the guard in place. They have high, mid, and low ride. Get at least the mid, better yet, the low ride, for external vest, as long as you can still sit in the vehicle seat, with it.

Available now

https://safariland.com/products/safa...wJ54%3D.XvM6gy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Available now

https://safariland.com/products/safa...wJ54%3D.XvM6gy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    No X300 options? Weird.

User Tag List