Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safariland Vault Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does this reduce the access to the trigger that can be an issue with light bearing holsters?
    Looks like it, and they also did that with the 73 series. Unfortunately, the 73 series had its own problems, causing me to go back to the 63. With the width of current lights, there is only so much that can be done, I guess, without going back to a clamshell. Possibly, if they made the holsters specific to certain lights, this cold be improved upon. The TLR-7, for example is a lot narrower than the TLR-1, but holster manufacturers, for obvious reasons, like to do a "one size fits all" approach.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Looks like it, and they also did that with the 73 series. Unfortunately, the 73 series had its own problems, causing me to go back to the 63. With the width of current lights, there is only so much that can be done, I guess, without going back to a clamshell. Possibly, if they made the holsters specific to certain lights, this cold be improved upon. The TLR-7, for example is a lot narrower than the TLR-1, but holster manufacturers, for obvious reasons, like to do a "one size fits all" approach.
    The 7TS for the G19/TLR-7 is greatly reduced. I don't see anything getting to the trigger with it.

Will it accommodate a pressure switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    The 7TS for the G19/TLR-7 is greatly reduced. I don't see anything getting to the trigger with it.
    True about the reduction. The issues I had and saw were poor fit and a feeling of being flimsy. I actually got one to get around the large opening issue of the 6360/6390, but went back. When holstered, it is harder to reach/pull the trigger on my gun than on a Glock or similar. I have heard several stories of the holsters breaking/cracking but cannot prove this to be true, but Safariland specifically promotes the strength of the new holster and I suspect there is a marketing reason for that.

Safariland says the guard holsters will be available for the Glock and P320. I guess the 7TS series will remain in production.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Will it accommodate a pressure switch?
    Dude....its Safariland. They will enthusiastically explain to you why you're foolish to want one.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Dude....its Safariland. They will enthusiastically explain to you why you're foolish to want one.
    That’s why I just walked right past the booth this year.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    That’s why I just walked right past the booth this year.
    My favorite part of SHOT 2020 was seeing new lights from Streamlight and Surefire, and asking if they were compatible with existing Safariland holsters, or any planned holsters. Blank look followed by "We really don't know. We haven't really checked." Pointing out that the Safariland booth was about 30 yards away so they could check was followed by another blank look. Bringing the same issue up with Safariland elicited a shrug and a "That's their problem." answer.

Blackhawk and US Duty Gear for the win.

Like others have commented, looks yuuuge. At least the ALS lever is bigger. Guess SF paid attention to everyone putting Nubs on their holsters.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I guess I could offset the cost by selling ad space on the side of it.
    Using Tapatalk

I suspect that this will be huge for P320 issuing departments-or probably should be...

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List