Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK milling by Impact Machine, W. Monroe, LA

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Correct, no visible refinishing.

They told me that because of the HK lightening cuts it was only possible to employ 3 of the 4 screws they use when they mill some other slides for this type of plate. Not enough metal to make use of the 4th screw hole where it is placed in their plate. I say no big deal, most plates are held on with only two anyway.
    One of the companies that used to do this work (that shut down due to retirement) would TIG weld a boss into the slide weight relief pocket to accept a screw, affording a fully symmetrical load bearing method. That added considerable cost (including mandatory refinishing) but in my opinion it was the best way to do it.

I’m impressed enough that I sent them a message asking what they could do with a P30SK and a EPS, hopefully taking advantage of the sight’s lower deck height like LTT did. I asked LTT about whether they could do their RDO cut without the mandatory refinishing, and they said no.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Any word on this milling company? They say they do direct milling for optics such as the eps carry?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wonder if they can do an EPS plate with lower sights… hmmm.
    I think for an EPS you'd also have the option of direct milling with whatever BUIS you want, in front of or behind the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Any word on this milling company? They say they do direct milling for optics such as the eps carry?
    They do outstanding work. Impact was one of the few companies that would take on a direct milling project for a SIG P-series, and they did an amazing job. Scott is my first choice for any direct milling project.

User Tag List