I shoot a night match now and then, it’s fun and also identifies a few things a guy needs to work on for lowlight shooting. So prior to that I shot a day-time match with the WML and also to get used to the holster. I have one of the those universal Philster holsters which indexes off the WML so I could use it with a variety of pistols.

There’s was a slight benefit to be gained in the splits from having the extra nose weight and I didn’t notice any slower transitions, but IMO the difference in draw is something I have to get used to. Can it be overcome, sure, that’s a practice/training thing. I was also just using a Streamlight TLR-1 HD, not that crazy heavy brass weight/light thingamajig that came out a couple year ago.

But I agree that it also depends on the gun. With my 26 oz CZ P10C and the Streamlight attached, the added weight had a more noticeable feel than a heavier Shadow 2 or my Beretta. I will say I didn’t like the extra weight on the Shadow 2, but with the Beretta or P10C it actually felt a little more balanced.