Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gun performance comparisons

Pocket draw is a ready position.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The key is to be able to run whatever gun you have with unconscious competence, so you can focus on the tactical or competition problem rather than consciously trying to make the gun work.
    I split performance up into 'Things that don't matter' and 'Things that matter a lot' but I think it's good to focus on 'Things that don't matter' in training, because if you keep at that you'll cover the 'Things that matter a lot' much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I split performance up into 'Things that don't matter' and 'Things that matter a lot' but I think it's good to focus on 'Things that don't matter' in training, because if you keep at that you'll cover the 'Things that matter a lot' much easier.

Me...too.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Along those lines one of my favorite things to drill frequently with gusto are draws to a single at 25 yards - in the 2 sec range and as many below that as possible in the USPSA A zone or IDPA -0 or the VTAC chest box. I think it makes some close stuff much easier. But OTOH I just think the 25 yard D1s are fun as heck so . . . super power being rationalization . . . I could be all messed up.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I shot the Baseball Standards today at the match shooting Single Stack (40SW). Completely bombed the reload but still shot it at 89%. This is my second match ever with this gun. To me, it proved the point I made earlier. This type of reactive shooting can be done with almost any gun assuming the fundamentals are okay. I cannot, however, shoot partial targets predictively with this gun yet. I have to shoot it reactively (Slow) because tracking the light gun in recoil (Timing) is more difficult and not there yet for me. The bottom line is it takes various drills to compare different guns. Ability to shoot it predictively is the most illustrative, in my opinion.

User Tag List