Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCRS (Solar Charging Rifle Sight)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I just want to make sure I understand. So are you saying we are effectively paying to be beta testers for defense hardware for their military? Any evidence to the contrary, or is that pretty clear cut? If that's accurate, yeah, not one more penny from me.
    This is news? I was of the impression this was well established.

I just want to make sure I understand. So are you saying we are effectively paying to be beta testers for defense hardware for their military? Any evidence to the contrary, or is that pretty clear cut? If that's accurate, yeah, not one more penny from me.
    Judge for yourself. This is the 80th Army Group of the PLA. The video caption translates roughly to "The 'Battle Archer' project completed the qualification competition".

(Also, I guess foot faults aren't a thing in Chinese training.)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I just want to make sure I understand. So are you saying we are effectively paying to be beta testers for defense hardware for their military?
    Alternatively, their military is the beta tester for us.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

China is a global trade partner, actually our largest. If our military seems fine sourcing things from them, I think holosun is the least of our worries.

Of course holosun sales support the Chinese military, indirectly at least. Indirectly in the same way that any foreigner that buys a Sig or Vortex or Trijicpn optic is essentially subidizing the US MIC. Likely also directly as the PLA will probably be using Holosun optics, and plus they pay taxes to the Chinese state.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    China is a global trade partner, actually our largest. If our military seems fine sourcing things from them, I think holosun is the least of our worries.
    I think that saying our military is "fine sourcing things from them" is a misstatement of the facts. It's a serious problem.

https://thediplomat.com/2022/09/chin...efense-sector/

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I think that saying our military is "fine sourcing things from them" is a misstatement of the facts. It's a serious problem.

https://thediplomat.com/2022/09/chin...efense-sector/

I didn't mean I think it's okay, it's that the military think it is. I have always thought it was a horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I didn't mean I think it's okay, it's that the military think it is. I have always thought it was a horrible idea.
    If the "Military thought it was OK" they wouldn't have suspended F35 production when they found out Chinese magnets were in certain components. I don't know of anyone in our military at any decision-making level who "thinks it's OK".

But I also recognize just how deeply integrated this situation is in everything we buy.

If the "Military thought it was OK" they wouldn't have suspended F35 production when they found out Chinese magnets were in certain components. I don't know of anyone in our military at any decision-making level who "thinks it's OK".

But I also recognize just how deeply integrated this situation is in everything we buy.
    Well I'm glad after decades they decided to. But I guess buying a holosun optic is really going to dictate if we win in a conventional war with China. Damn.

If the military doesn’t think it’s ok, then they really suck at preventing it (neither surprise me). I find Chinese made shit at work all the time.

The F35 has a bunch of confidential and classified tech, I think that’s the only time anyone actually cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List