Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCRS (Solar Charging Rifle Sight)

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Has anyone got hands on one of these yet? They are supposedly coming end of Q2 which should have been a few weeks ago.
    I am told I have a few incoming by end of August

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I am told I have a few incoming by end of August

Can't wait to hear your report on it.

This is the optic I am personally most excited for

Mine came in this week and I finally picked it up today. Initial impression is it's the sharpest red dot image I've seen from a Holosun yet. The size and weight are minimal and it is a nice fit for my WWSD carbine. The one issue is that when looking at it through my Holosun 3x magnifier, HM3X, the dot gets a tail going down I believe due to the sharper angle that the front lens is set. It's still totally usable and just part of making such a short optic. The factory mounts are decent and more than adequate for an AR. If I were mounting this on a shotgun I might want something different but the 509 mounting pattern has its limits. So cursory impression is that I think Holosun did a great job with this sight and am anxious to hit the range with it as well as get it charged and seeing the night time performance with white light and the auto brightness adjustment.

Well I do have a spare BCM in need of an optic, was looking @ another LPVO as I have a T2 on my primary that may get a magnifier & nothings set in stone so .......

Got my hands on one a couple weeks ago at a local shop. I liked it. A guy on AR15.com mounted one on a Glock. I wasn’t mad at it. Actually intrigued me. I’m gonna go back and try to do a side by side comparison w the 509. Uses the same footprint.

Edit: Image from NCPatrolAR on AR15.com
    Name:  IMG_2044.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  102.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Really like it. I was less than impressed by the auto adjaut vs the pistol ones

That said for the size it is amazing and reticule is super crisp

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Really like it. I was less than impressed by the auto adjaut vs the pistol ones

That said for the size it is amazing and reticule is super crisp
    Well guess I'll really for a deal on one and give it a try.

I think the self adjusting brightness works great until the brightest light is out in front and it's dark everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_[ View Post
    I think the self adjusting brightness works great until the brightest light is out in front and it's dark everywhere else.
    The SCS on my G19 seems to handle this pretty well - I believe they have multiple sensors to adapt to just this scenario.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List