Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCRS (Solar Charging Rifle Sight)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The SCS on my G19 seems to handle this pretty well - I believe they have multiple sensors to adapt to just this scenario.
    Agreed. Unf the scrs doesn't have as many sensors or something. As the adjautment feels a significant step backwards vs the pistols

I got one. I put it on a Glock slide to mess around with but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Overall construction feels pretty good. It's on the heavy side. Once my little pistol experiment is done (probably this week), I'm going to leave it out in the light for a while to get it charged, then turn off auto-brightness, turn the brightness up to an "all conditions" type of setting, cover the solar panel with tape, and toss it in my rifle bag at work. We'll see how long it lasts.

This is kind of specific. But has anybody tried passive aiming through this optic with night vision yet?

Good performance? Bad?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrok View Post
    This is kind of specific. But has anybody tried passive aiming through this optic with night vision yet?

Good performance? Bad?
    I'm curious about this as well. Especially with respect to parallax. Parallax can be a serious problem when using RDS through NODS because there's no way to tell where in the window the dot is.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Looks like the consensus might be that the auto adjust on the SCRS isn't nearly as good as the SCS, with WMLs and varied lighting? I was thinking about picking one up for my BCM but that would change my mind.

Am I seeing correctly that it comes with a mount for a standard picatinny rail for mounting on an AR, but it can be pulled off of that mount and put on a 509T footbprint?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Am I seeing correctly that it comes with a mount for a standard picatinny rail for mounting on an AR, but it can be pulled off of that mount and put on a 509T footbprint?
    Yes.

Soooo.....grabbed a couple of these for my shotguns, apparently without doing all of my homework. It never occurred to me that an optic specifically marketed for long gun use would use the 509T mounting footprint, but there you go. The other issue is that the integral rail on my FN SLP has Weaver spacing, which is not compatible with the cross bolt on the included lower 1/3 mount. Is there a good quality 509T rail mount (low) with a cross bolt that will fit in the .180 Weaver slots?
    "The older I get, the more I think that just staying home and drinking the good stuff by yourself is way underrated as a healthy practice." - Totem Polar

"An entire worldview devoted to being offside." - feudist

Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    Soooo.....grabbed a couple of these for my shotguns, apparently without doing all of my homework. It never occurred to me that an optic specifically marketed for long gun use would use the 509T mounting footprint, but there you go. The other issue is that the integral rail on my FN SLP has Weaver spacing, which is not compatible with the cross bolt on the included lower 1/3 mount. Is there a good quality 509T rail mount (low) with a cross bolt that will fit in the .180 Weaver slots?
    Here are two possibilities for a low 509t mount. Not sure if either will work for your Weaver rail. (Why FN? WHY???)

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Pica.../dp/B0BM31GRGC
    https://www.admmfg.com/holosun-509t-mount
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Just to confirm from anyone who has one of these - they do not come with flip-up lens caps, right?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List