Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCRS (Solar Charging Rifle Sight)

I am fine if a person swears off Aimpoint because of Swedish Lutherans, or Holosun because of the Chinese military. I am not so good when someone else tells me what I can use because of their choices.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    My money is on @JCN
    I am trying to race JCN for this. I am very excited for this sight

SKUs have appeared in the wholesale side.

Four models...red and green in 2 MOA and MRS, so similar to the AEMS and AEMS Core.

SCRS-RD-2 - MAP $229.99
    SCRS-RD-MRS - MAP $269.99
    SCRS-GR-2 - MAP $244.99
    SCRS-GR-MRS - MAP $299.99

Assuming Holosun can deliver on what they promise with these and the mounts don't somehow suck, these will be really popular.

Before I even clicked this I knew it'd be full of anti china hate. I'd love to buy American but none of the American companies seem to want to innovate or add any new features. Holosun is in 2023 and everyone else send to be in 2005 still.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Before I even clicked this I knew it'd be full of anti china hate. I'd love to buy American but none of the American companies seem to want to innovate or add any new features. Holosun is in 2023 and everyone else send to be in 2005 still.
    Let's not blow this out of proportion. No one here is being extreme. I've been conflicted off and on with Holosun as I know many others have been but, I also own several of their RDS. I even mentioned in my post that I thought they were proving to be more innovative than most. When the subject of their origin came up, I asked for clarification and was given some. I was honestly a bit surprised considering I had never before seen photos like some of those that were shared. I took that information and researched it to find even more (I didn't have the right brand/model names before which is why I had never discovered this before). That gave me pause to think a bit. Maybe my "not one more penny" response was a bit fatalistic as I was caught off guard. I'm still a little conflicted with the company but, that doesn't change the fact they are innovating faster than everyone else.

I don't think anyone here is being outrageous or unreasonable so, let's get back to the point of the thread and focus on the SCRS.

Now who's taking bets on how long before @JCN puts one of these on a pistol? JK

Name:  75e83ff89169d629457a1b3cc9d2d579.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  24.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Its not about hate, just not giving my money to Chinese companies, or even some American companies, as much as possible. This is just my way of thanking China for the last few years. You'll also never see me use Amazon or a whole host of other companies. Even if it's only pennies, it's my pennies.

At this point I'm fully aware that Holosun makes a quality optic and if you were selling your used one I'd be interested, but my money would be going to the owner not the company. Until then I'll just have to settle for being killed in the streets with my irons.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Now who's taking bets on how long before @JCN puts one of these on a pistol? JK
    If it were 30mm or larger!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    You sure you want the answer to that?

Huanic (Holosun OEM) is a supplier to the People's Liberation Army, under their domestic "Hyoyoung" brand. You can even see how the logo capsule is set up for one or the other brand.

A Holosun HS507c is a Hyoyoung HY5207c in China.

Attachment 100361
    Huanic is not just a supplier to the PLA, they are literally owned by the PLA.

The PLA is somewhat unique in they they own and have founded multiple companies to provide supplemental funding.

https://ciaotest.cc.columbia.edu/olj/sa/sa_99sis03.html

The profit-seeking commercial business empire of China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) represents a unique example in the present day world. The PLA is the only agency that singularly controls the largest number of China’s business firms which span not only traditional sectors like agricultural and animal farms or mining raw materials but also high-tech areas like transportation, telecommunication, launching satellites, as also carrying out mass-production of popular consumer goods like bikes and television. The PLA has also built an important presence even in service sector industries like hotels, discotheques as also real estate, shares and securities. More than this, the PLA also controls a vast ocean of technical infrastructure, skilled manpower and other resources and it enjoys special privileges that make it not only extremely successful but also extremely attractive as a partner for joint ventures by other entrepreneurs both from home and abroad.

During the early 1980s, for example, in the face of successive reductions in its annual financial allocations, the registered PLA enterprises had peaked at over 20,000. The number had since, however, stabilised at over 15,000 enterprises — employing over 600,000 civilians. All this had made the PLA’s business empire the financial guarantor for China’s military modernisation drive thereby enabling it to virtually emerge into an independent force that was becoming increasing immune to the tradition of civilian political control. 1 Besides, the large number of unaccounted non-registered seasonal and part-time enterprises were always too difficult to keep track of and profits from these could only be speculated upon. The accounting was further complicated as much of the profits from these enterprises were utilised towards improving the living standards of PLA troops. This also resulted in the evolution of strong vested interests within China’s armed forces that not only believe in sustaining but promoting these business enterprises. All this further strengthened the PLA’s clout in China’s decision-making thus making it a most formidable political force.

Guess we better all stop paying our taxes because the good ole US Government sends more money to China (directly and indirectly) than any single Chinese, American, or other foreign owned entity or company.

That being said I have two of these on order from OpticsPlanet right now and I’m waiting for them to arrive. I wish someone like Trijicon (whose products I used on active duty and own personally) would make some stuff like the HOLOSUN SCRS or SCS products.

I plan to use the SCRS as an offset reflex optics on my AR’s (to go with the ACOGS already on them). I’ve put the HOLOSUN SCS optics on all six of my Glock G45 MOS pistols and they work awesome.

I’d gladly pay more for a Trijicon product with these same feature sets, but they simply don’t exist.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

Has anyone got hands on one of these yet? They are supposedly coming end of Q2 which should have been a few weeks ago.

User Tag List