Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCRS (Solar Charging Rifle Sight)

Holosun SCRS (Solar Charging Rifle Sight)

Looks promising, whether primary or offset depending on price and durability.

Name:  2C8CD9E6-1079-4B32-8AA2-92C860290C25.jpg
Views: 2267
Size:  23.5 KB

Name:  B94068C1-3652-4B79-9A73-B6A634313DAA.jpg
Views: 1998
Size:  68.9 KB

Who will be the first to put it on a pistol?

My money is on @JCN

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    My money is on @JCN
    Ooh, I didn’t realize it takes a 509t footprint. That’s one way for them to keep that footprint alive…

It’s also a way to add weight to a slide for softer recoil…

@Clusterfrack

I saw two ads for the 509T that listed Picatinny as the mounting system. Is that correct?

It is amazing how Holosun continues to ride on copying Trijicon technology.

I would love to know more about their R&D process, because they sure keep innovating.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I would love to know more about their R&D process, because they sure keep innovating.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Do they have US shooters on staff or retainer to assess needs? Who tests their prototypes?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I'll never understand why companies like Aimpoint, Surefire, and Trijicon don't build experimental divisions specifically to more rapidly prototype consumer market products so they can stay ahead of the curve. I might be wrong, maybe they have this purely for the GOV side which I wouldn't be aware of. My perception, though, is that those three companies only release a new, somewhat innovative product 1-2 times per DECADE. Not saying my perception is right but, damn they just seem slow, old, and waaaaaay behind the tech curve. They build great products, but damn.

For example, consider some of the recent speculation that remaining P320 issues are more likely a function of tolerance between duty holsters and P320's with weapon lights. I think I remember seeing speculation about that for at least a few years, and it makes sense. I would expect, of any company, Surefire would be at the forefront in creating an innovative new weaponlight series using some new age battery tech that allows for extremely slim and/or small lights. Thus allowing for more properly fitted weapon light holsters that don't expose so much of the trigger guard. I mean, maybe I'm dumb. Maybe the materials tech isn't there yet. But this seems like an easily solvable problem for companies of that caliber given a few years time? At this rate, however, I actually expect that innovation will come from a company like Holosun (or whatever equivalent in the weapon light world).

I can't help but see this as an issue of big .GOV contractors getting too comfortable and only pushing boundaries based on contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Who tests their prototypes?
    You sure you want the answer to that?

Huanic (Holosun OEM) is a supplier to the People's Liberation Army, under their domestic "Hyoyoung" brand. You can even see how the logo capsule is set up for one or the other brand.

A Holosun HS507c is a Hyoyoung HY5207c in China.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 10.59.09.jpg
Views: 1800
Size:  46.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    You sure you want the answer to that?

Huanic (Holosun OEM) is a supplier to the People's Liberation Army, under their domestic "Hyoyoung" brand. You can even see how the logo capsule is set up for one or the other brand.

A Holosun HS507c is a Hyoyoung HY5207c in China.
    I just want to make sure I understand. So are you saying we are effectively paying to be beta testers for defense hardware for their military? Any evidence to the contrary, or is that pretty clear cut? If that's accurate, yeah, not one more penny from me.

User Tag List