Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507 Competition: Large Window / CRS Sight

Cowan has his Patreon video up. He doesn't recommend the optic for duty. It survived his first drop but the lens cracked on the second. It cracked more on the third and fourth drop. The dot still held zero but the window was almost entirely shattered after the last drop. He did say the optic is not marketed as a duty-grade product but he has been seeing them on duty gun in classes, etc so he wanted to run it through his 2,000 round test and the associated drops. Make of this what you will. Happy Friday!

507 Competition. It’s in the name. Solid optic with great features, but it’s literally not built with exposed duty carry in mind. To it’s credit, it made it through 2K rounds with drop testing every 500. It’s still zeroed. It’s just not duty durable. If you want to check the whole video, it’s live on the Sage Patreon.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 09-08-2023 at 06:44 PM.

I ordered two more 507 comp while I’m testing the Bushnells.

The lower deck height of the 507 and sun resistance to double dot are compelling.

I would still rather have a single 6 MOA dot though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Crap, I meant to post this sooner.

I've been so busy this summer.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...omp-dot-sight/

I'm not a fancy YouTuber or influencer and as of now 9-29 I should be around the 1K mark or so with the gun and dot,

I really like it.

Dust Cover

Now available from Dream Plastics on Amazon. Two for about 15 bucks. Critical gear for Steel Challenge to avoid getting paint on the sight.

Brownells finally got these back in stock, and one is on its way to me.

The 507ACSS will come off my competition gun, and the 407CO will stay on my FrankenGlock for dry fire, and as a spare if I ever get to a major match.

Got mine mounted up, sighted in, and I'm going to use it in a match this Sunday. I also got one of the covers @rdtompki linked to, along with one for my 407CO. They fit, and stay on, much better than other covers I've tried.

Auto Brightness Issue?

I have a 507 Comp on my carry gun set up with both shake-awake and auto brightness. First thing at yesterday's outdoor practice session I want to do a quick function test on the gun. Presented on the first target and I could barely make out the reticle. Did some dry fire transitions, no change. Reticle didn't brighten until the first live fire shot. Needless to say I'm going to abandon auto brightness, but has any else experienced something similar? Just prior to the draw the gun had been concealed, but no doubt the normal response time is measured in milliseconds, not seconds.

A few thoughts after shooting the 507 Comp on a competition gun for a while. Compared to a Romeo 3 Max, on max intensity, the 2 moa dot on the Holosun is significantly dimmer than the R3 Max. However, on the 8 moa horse shoe and circle reticle choices, the intensity is similar or even brighter on the Holosun. I wish the 2 moa dot on the Holosun could be adjusted brighter, as on a bright sunny day, I want to use medium not dark sunglasses, to be able to see the dot well.

On my Open gun, the Holosun front lens sits significantly farther back than the R3Max, and as a result, the Holosun front lens collects much less residue, meaning you don't have to clean it as much.

The 2 moa dot on the Holosun is subject to splatter, but not the other reticle options.

I have always used manual, not auto, to control intensity. I wouldn't think the shake awake would work differently on auto vs manual.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/search...re/desc&page=1
    $358 delivered for green, $308 for red. I got mine - have at!

User Tag List