Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barrett Firearms sold to Australian company

Site Supporter
    This gives me an uneasy feeling.

NIOA is a huge Australian defense contractor providing Sig, Benelli, and Barrett firearms to the Australian military.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Standing invite to come and shoot one of mine if you’ve got the ammo. Both are zero’ed for 100 meters.

Attachment 100267

Attachment 100269
    I recognize Vera...I didn't know she had a sister.

You'll be a popular guy to hang around with at the End of Times.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    I recognize Vera...I didn't know she had a sister.

You'll be a popular guy to hang around with at the End of Times.
    The MRAD started out as a scout/backpacking gun….then reality set in when I got a bead on the NF BEAST for 40% off and couldn’t resist. It’s 1 MOA with 175 grain IMI M118LR Razer Core, 0.7 MOA with 175 grain Hornady TAP AMAX, and just over 0.5 MOA with 175 grain Black Hills Gold Medal Match. All from a bench to remove my shitty ass shooting now that my eyesight is fading, my back hurts, and I have arthritis.

The 107A1 doesn’t get much better than 1 MOA with the 750 grain AMAX; more like 1.5 - 2 MOA with surplus stuff or XM33C American Eagle stuff. However it is set up purely to punch through engines and APCs…
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-20-2023 at 12:02 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Don't trust this Australian company out there .

Standing invite to come and shoot one of mine if you’ve got the ammo. Both are zero’ed for 100 meters.

Attachment 100267

Attachment 100269
    Serious?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Serious?
    Sure. I’m in CLT, NC for most of the year (few weeks in Greece). I just ask that people bring their own ammo since the M107A1 is about $10 per trigger squeeze.

Site Supporter
    Sure. I’m in CLT, NC for most of the year (few weeks in Greece). I just ask that people bring their own ammo since the M107A1 is about $10 per trigger squeeze.
    Where in the Charlotte area can one even shoot a .50 BMG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This actually saddens me. First of all, I hate that Barrett is now owned by a foreign company. Let's face it Australia is not a bastion of 2A rights. So you have to figure that any Australian defense company is going to be toeing the Australian Government line, in order to keep their defense contracts.

Second of all, I hate that the Barrett family is no longer in the firearms business. They were one of the few that told California to shove it and they stopped selling their weapons to state and local LE agencies, there. They even went so far as to refuse to service the weapons they'd already sold there. And made the LE agencies actually fly individuals to Tennessee to pick up their weapons. That was clear signal to the state that they were no longer welcome to do business with Barrett. I highly doubt that is going to be the case going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Where in the Charlotte area can one even shoot a .50 BMG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club allows up to and including .50BMG. I’m in the process of regaining my full membership (was full until ‘13 when I moved). Once I’m past probationary in a couple of months I can host guests. Anyone headed that way can PM me. I’m going to try to start shooting the IDPA patches there too if those dates bring anyone out to the club.

User Tag List