Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top of the heap rimfire cans

DA Mask owner as well. Nothing to compare it to though. I use a cheap Harbor Freight rock tumbler with SS pins for the baffles.

Masks came back in stock at CA, so… what the hell.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm looking at the Sparrow for use on a Tikka T1x. Any reason to spend another $140 on a Dead Air Mask in that application? I'm happy to direct thread and more or less leave it alone for now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Memento Mori

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pointfiveoh View Post
    I'm looking at the Sparrow for use on a Tikka T1x. Any reason to spend another $140 on a Dead Air Mask in that application? I'm happy to direct thread and more or less leave it alone for now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    First round pop is known to be a weak point of the sparrow. But from what I recall they perform well on rifles. They are easy to disassemble.

I went Mask and I’d lean that way. Their suppression numbers are better. I’m about 200 days into waiting and I’m glad I went with the Mask.

My Dad bought one after I did, he cancelled his order, passed away, we sold his house, had his funeral 5 months later to accommodate family’s schedule, divided his belongings, we will probably clear probate court, and my suppressor still hasn’t received approval.

I say that to say - I’d buy what you like the most. You won’t be reselling it. $120 is nothing to sneeze at but it will be long forgotten by the time it’s done… I said all of this to illustrate that make your decision on what you really want regardless of if it’s the vendor I like or recommend.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Mask

Both my center fire cans are Gemtechs, but I went with the Mask for a rimfire…..clean with an ultrasonic…..works well, cleans up well…..especially after I got the hang of how it all goes back together. 🙄

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Y’all are making me feel content for buying a Mask. I’m also really curious how it will do on the PS90.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List