Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry homesteader 9mm semi auto

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’m hoping that Henry has one of these at the GAOS in Harrisburg PA next month. I’m curious enough to give it a good looking over, though luckily there are no gun sales at the show.
    Henry did indeed have two Homesteader rifles at the show in Harrisburg.

Name:  8E160EF4-22A8-4811-9D0B-8EDFEDE383D9.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  19.8 KB

Crappy Iphone pic with weird lighting while the Henry rep was talking to me.

My takeaway was it’s a handy feeling little carbine and the mid-barrel aperture is more useful than I imagined it would be. The rep also stated that the peep sights designed for a Henry levergun would work in more conventional placement. The safety felt positive and ergonomic, the trigger pull is Marlin semiauto like.

The OEM magazine setup seems pretty easy to get used to and positively retains the mag. The Glock adapter has a button on the left side of the rifle, I didn’t ask if it is reversible. If you have fingers long enough to reach the button from a firing grip you are eligible to be a hand model in a B grade horror movie. It’s easy to grab the mag body and hit the button with your thumb, it probably wouldn’t take poker dealer dexterity to hold a loaded magazine, release the spent mag, insert the loaded mag and drop the bolt.

I sent the attached photo to my wife, “Oh! That’s cute!”.

Big ass recoil pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Big ass recoil pad?
    LoL! The recoil pad is almost exactly the same size as the one on my Italian 12ga O/U, probably excessive for a 9mm but pretty comfy for new shooters.

For those who've handled it and a Ruger PCC, how is the LOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Henry did indeed have two Homesteader rifles at the show in Harrisburg.

Name:  8E160EF4-22A8-4811-9D0B-8EDFEDE383D9.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  19.8 KB
    What was the ballpark asking price? A quick check of GB or Guns International (I forget which) turned up only one and it had a $1300 asking price. If that's the normal price and not the "gotta be the first kid on your block to have one" tariff, I'll stick with my Ruger.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

If these guys did an after-market forearm, would that cover it?

Name:  woox2023-02-12 at 8.12.17 AM.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  21.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    What was the ballpark asking price? A quick check of GB or Guns International (I forget which) turned up only one and it had a $1300 asking price. If that's the normal price and not the "gotta be the first kid on your block to have one" tariff, I'll stick with my Ruger.
    I believe the Henry rep said MSRP was a bit over $1,000 but street price would probably end up under $900. Also, he said some Henry employees have been T&Eing a couple of these with Magpul 9mm drum mags and haven’t managed to break one yet.

Thanks, that matches what I thought I remembered reading when they were announced.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    For those who've handled it and a Ruger PCC, how is the LOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    If these guys did an after-market forearm, would that cover it?
    Overall the gun feels more svelte than the Ruger PCC, however the LOP is 1960’s length and the fore end is a tad “chonky”.
    The wood stock could probably be shortened to more modern dimensions, I don’t know if the custom stock guys can do much with the fore end as part of the recoil spring mechanism is tucked in under there.

Site Supporter
    I can't imagine spending $1000 plus out the door for anybody's 9mm carbine. Ruger has the bugs out of theirs, and my circle of friends hits beer cans at 100 yards with them. A 9mm on the AR platform makes more sense if I must pay premium prices. I like Henry products too and have owed a several of their lever centerfire rifles. Each required a trip back to fix something that escaped QC. Henry paid both ways and provided prompt, competent service.

User Tag List