Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry homesteader 9mm semi auto

Blasphemer that I'm known to be, I saw Remington Model 8 hues. And I liked it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Adapters for Glock, SIG Sauer P320 and Smith & Wesson M&P magazines is a nice touch.

LET'S GO BRANDON!

I see shades of the Winchester 1905 and maybe the CZ512.

Name:  win 1905.JPG
Views: 821
Size:  20.3 KB

I've always had a soft spot for the old designs, wood and steel. I guess I've finally come back to where I started as a kid in the late 70s-early 80s.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I admit, this is the second thread recently that I read the title and clicked on expecting to hate the gun in question, and wound up not entirely hating.

Would be interested to see how the mag changes actually work. Particularly since my use-case for something like this would be a 50-state(ish) gun with 10-round G26 mags.
    49 if some in NM get their way.

LET'S GO BRANDON!

Site Supporter
    I like the look and the top-tang safety.

Cool gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 42Willys View Post
    It’s cute. Reminds me on the automatic sporting carbines of the early 1900s.
    Old World Esthetic with modern reliability and performance and it takes Glock mags.

Honey, I Shrunk the BAR!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I dig it. But I wish the mag release was behind the magwell like an AK or MP5. And why not make it able to cowitness the irons and optic?
    I’ve decided. I would have been interested if the aperture was on the rear of the receiver and the Pict rail was on the barrel to allow it to somewhat co-witness. After watching the video I retract thinking you can see the peep down the gully of the current rail. It’s like someone at Henry looked at Ruger’s PCC and said “Ruger put the sight on the barrel so we need to” without understanding that it’s there due to the take down feature.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    49 if some in NM get their way.
    According to the Henry rep on the TFB video Henry makes their own 5 and 10 round magazines. Maybe they’ll make a New Mexico 9 rounder. 5 rounds of 9mm in a $900 rifle is a lot of “Meh!”

Blow back or gas operated?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I know you some of you guys will want a Beretta 92 magazine adapter for this Henry, won't you? Fortunately Homesteader comes with a P320 and M&P adapters from the factory, so it should not take insane contortions like the one in Ruger PC. I think I can justify a business expense of buying one, purely for the R&D purposes!

User Tag List