Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry homesteader 9mm semi auto

First range trip

Took my new Homesteader to the range today. Very fun, soft and smooth shooter, much more so than my recollections of my Dads old Marlin Camp 9. Took a bit of time and effort to get the sights dialed in, mainly because I didn’t take the time to figure out how to do it before hand. Very easy and effective once you get the hang of it. I did better with the sights than I originally expected that I might seeing as I am 57 and the eyes aren’t what they once were. Trigger was pretty good as were the sights, certainly good enough for a pinker. I may put a Skinner receiver peep on at some point in the future but the supplied sights worked pretty well even with the barrel mounted peep resulting in a short sight radius. Had one fail to feed which finally fed with a yank or two of the bolt handle. It seemed the round was in a good position to feed but it was hung up just as it was entering the feed ramp. Ejected empties with authority and fed every other round perfectly (was shooting a box of cheap Winchester 115 gr ammo which was quite dirty). Overall I really think this will end up being a fun pinker to shoot.

VSO posted a video with a bit of a better look at the internals, for those who are curious about the activation bars routed into the handguard and a bit more view into the replaceable magwells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwr16cprOjM

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    VSO posted a video with a bit of a better look at the internals, for those who are curious about the activation bars routed into the handguard and a bit more view into the replaceable magwells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwr16cprOjM
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

It's cool how the system in front works. I have no idea why it's doing that but it's cool.

I wonder if someone makes a direct mount for an Aimpoint Micro footprint optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I would say that's true of most basic hunting rifles I've tried as well. I pretty much always have to build up the stock to get the cheek weld where I like it when shooting through a scope.
    I may be the only person to treat them like an ar with high optics and chin weld

Site Supporter
    Nelson Precision has been posting images and video of their picatinny top rail and MLOK handguard on IG.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I wonder if someone makes a direct mount for an Aimpoint Micro footprint optic.
    The pattern looks like it may match a Marlin. Henry's single-shots use the same rails and mounts as H&R single-shots, supporting adoption by the existing single-shot user base. Would be surprising if they didn't do something similar to capture demand from Marlin 1894 users.

/speculation

This is definitely on the interesting list. Would slot nicely between the BAR MkIII DBM and the CZ 512.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/homesteader-9mm/

I don't think that it has been specifically mentioned here, but the website now shows that the S&W magwell also takes Sig P320 magazines. this is interesting to me, as I have/use a P250c.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I don't think that it has been specifically mentioned here, but the website now shows that the S&W magwell also takes Sig P320 magazines. this is interesting to me, as I have/use a P250c.
    I had a customer for the P320 magwells for Ruger PC Carbine, who asked for compatibility with P250. I only saw that gun once, at a gun show, maybe 20 years ago. Fortunately he was in town and I drove to his house to make sure they fit.

If I had original P250 magazines, I'd keep them in reserve, in case my surviving kin had to auction my guns :-)

Site Supporter

Yikes.

User Tag List