Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Henry homesteader 9mm semi auto

I still want one! RUSA has them for $835, and thinking of getting one over the Ruger PCC MagPul Backpacker going crazy and going with the M&P or 320 mags! Wild man!
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    I still want one! RUSA has them for $835, and thinking of getting one over the Ruger PCC MagPul Backpacker going crazy and going with the M&P or 320 mags! Wild man!
    I'm pretty sure the joint magwell for M&P and P320 in Homesteader is canceled at this point, or at least suspended. You will not be able to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    \You guys may know already that Ruger PCC has the magwell adapter that is too constrained for anything but a pistol magazine. Henry made a far more generous magwell, and their proprietary magazine is upright. So I hoped for an SMG magazine such as MP5 or CZ Scorpion. Well, no such luck. The underside of the bolt conflicts with a wide, dual feed magazine. The only thing that anyone can count on is STEN magazine (and I'm not doing that).
    I may need to roll back that statement (the forum does not allow to edit). I'm going to experiment properly and report here.

Name:  x43_cz_scorpion_midway.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  29.0 KB

Looks like I'm the only who ever replies to this thread. Probably need to dial it down? But before that, here's an update:

Name:  x44_ha9b_p13.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  41.6 KB

I'm very pleased with how it's coming along. However, the cost is going to be astronomical . I thought that Henry deserved better than just 3D printing, so the body is made from Nylon using a bake process. All the steel parts are stainless. Also, Ruger magwell has zero springs, and this one has 3 (three).

Pls continue to chronicle the work here. I appreciate you taking the time to share.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    Pls continue to chronicle the work here. I appreciate you taking the time to share.
    +1

Looks like I'm the only who ever replies to this thread.
    Now that some time has passed what are you thoughts on the homesteader overall?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Now that some time has passed what are you thoughts on the homesteader overall?
    Unfortunately, I barely know anything. I am a poor shooter, and the gun is primarily a test mule. I only ever shot it with Beretta magazines.

The recoil seems a little heavier than in my Ruger PC carbine. Sights are about the same - on both of them I can barely discern the ghost ring. Accuracy is okay for a 9mm PCC without optics.

One somewhat annoying thing about Homesteader is related to the use of fire control group borrowed from AK: bolt cannot be retracted fully when safety is on. I bet a few people think that they cannot retract AK bolt because the dust cover is in the way. But actually, you still would not be able to rack AK on safe even if you ripped off the dust cover and switched safety with pliers.

Overall, I think Homesteader delivers exactly what it promises. It's pretty and mostly works.

So, here it is: the production samples ("dash 18"). The sharp eyed would probably notice certain differences with the previous photo. But basically it's just material removal pockets that reduce warping, and other minor changes having to do with manufacturing.

Name:  ha9b_18_f5.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  56.1 KB

I may need to roll back that statement (the forum does not allow to edit). I'm going to experiment properly and report here.

Name:  x43_cz_scorpion_midway.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  29.0 KB
    Hoping for some good news on that one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List