Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Henry homesteader 9mm semi auto

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Hoping for some good news on that one.
    Sadly, we found that it's essentially impossible to use a CZ Scorpion magazine in Homesteader.

Here's what the situation looks like inside the receiver:

Name:  x15_homesteader_cz_scorp_mag.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  72.6 KB

Although the magazine fits between the action bars, the side extensions of the bolt do not let the stripper rail to fetch cartridges.

I suppose it may be possible to invent a Rube Goldberg machine with a rammer like AN-94 or Madsen. But doing so would defeat the purpose. The whole point of using Scorpion magazines is to gain advantage in reliability. Not like AN-94 or Madsen are unreliable, but they were designed with complex feed systems from the outset, and it's completely different from retrofitting one of them into a pre-existing gun.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Sadly, we found that it's essentially impossible to use a CZ Scorpion magazine in Homesteader.

Here's what the situation looks like inside the receiver:

Name:  x15_homesteader_cz_scorp_mag.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  72.6 KB

Although the magazine fits between the action bars, the side extensions of the bolt do not let the stripper rail to fetch cartridges.

I suppose it may be possible to invent a Rube Goldberg machine with a rammer like AN-94 or Madsen. But doing so would defeat the purpose. The whole point of using Scorpion magazines is to gain advantage in reliability. Not like AN-94 or Madsen are unreliable, but they were designed with complex feed systems from the outset, and it's completely different from retrofitting one of them into a pre-existing gun.
    Yep, too much complicated to work. But thanks for doing what you're doing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Okay I didn't see this one coming: Midwest Industries adds a folding stock for Homesteader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0bNxFQyvls

I remember what the aftermarket has done for Mini-14. It was crazy with A-team stocks and such. However, that was back during Assault Weapon Ban, and this is today, when braces are legal again.

Granded, the "why?!" argument can be made against my own Beretta 92 magwell for Homesteader, but I only build those for the lulz, and MI is well-known and hopefully profitable business.

I'm sure some of you saw this coming. But of course, if Scorp mag is too wide and has a dual feed, is there something else out there that has a single feed? I assure you though, it wasn't an easy call. Before resorting to such extreme measures, we took a look at MP5, Colt, and Uzi (sorry MPX). None of them were possible.

Name:  x90_sten_mag.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  41.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Okay I didn't see this one coming: Midwest Industries adds a folding stock for Homesteader:
    It's not folding, just skeletonized.

Henry is now shipping the magazine well that works with the Sig P320 (or P250) magazines and S&W M&P magazines.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Henry is now shipping the magazine well that works with the Sig P320 (or P250) magazines and S&W M&P magazines.
    Please share some evidence for such an extraordinary claim. Did you see the H027-H9S yourself?

Gunbroker sellers keep claiming that they have it, including a top-10 seller Fuquay. Not one of them posted a photo, all of them share stock images only.

I checked a few of the reputable traditional retailers, and none have it.

Oh and one other thing. The M&P shooters finally ground me down and I bought an M&P magazine. It looks incompatible with SIG to me. Making a magwell module that accepts both and works reliably seems next to impossible to me. M&P magazine is fatter and as a designer you have to make the magazine cavity wider. But that will add the bias to the P320 magazine. Certainly, Homesteader magwell provides a lot more freedom to design than Ruger PC magwell, but there are limits to everything.

In addition, LRBHO activation ledge is not in the same place between the two. I talked to a guy with Stern P320/M&P adapter for AR9, and asked does it actually work. He said, "yeah, I adjusted it and it works perfectly." Yeah, after he adjusted it.

I'm going to ship P320 and M&P magwells separately. At this point, I flat out do not believe Henry will ever ship their P320+M&P unit. It was a mistake to promise it, and the only way to correct is to cancel the product, and re-launch 2 separate SKUs. They may still try to save face somehow, like ship the magwell with two bolt stop bars and let users change them. In a way I cannot wait to see what happens.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 04-06-2024 at 09:12 PM.

I ordered it from Henry and it was delivered to me yesterday. Cheap, too.

Haven't installed it yet.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I ordered it from Henry and it was delivered to me yesterday. Cheap, too.

Haven't installed it yet.
    Awesome! Can't wait to see the photos! There ought to be a little letter in a circle on it somewhere, I'm wondering what it is. It's "G" for the Glock module.

P.S. What's weird, they removed the whole category of magwell modules from the web store.

Comedy at Reddit (SPOILER: A P226 owner bought the new SIG magwell without realizing that it works with P320 magazines.):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/HenryRifles...dapter_for_my/

However, an interesting part is that the magwell is unified. Can't wait to hear how it works, especially in view of drastically different LRBHO ledges on M&P and P320 followers:

User Tag List