Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry homesteader 9mm semi auto

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Now I am wondering if the same front sight that XS includes in their sight set for Henry "X Model" leverguns will fit these as well?
    I’m hoping that Henry has one of these at the GAOS in Harrisburg PA next month. I’m curious enough to give it a good looking over, though luckily there are no gun sales at the show.

Henry posted a few more photos, including those with the Glock and M&P magwells, which were not available at SHOT Show. Unlike Ruger PCC, the release mechanism is a part of the magwell. So, only Henry's own magazine releases at the front center like a hunting rifle. Glock and M&P release from the side.

I have to say, it's an interesting design. It may open a way to, for example, MP5 magwell, which is plain impossible on Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Henry posted a few more photos, including those with the Glock and M&P magwells, which were not available at SHOT Show. Unlike Ruger PCC, the release mechanism is a part of the magwell. So, only Henry's own magazine releases at the front center like a hunting rifle. Glock and M&P release from the side.
    Found these on their website. I still would have preferred a rear paddle release but this still seems like an improvement. It looks about the same place as my Ruger PCC

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Found these on their website. I still would have preferred a rear paddle release but this still seems like an improvement. It looks about the same place as my Ruger PCC

That looks like exactly what I've been waiting for Ruger to do with their carbine.

And it also confirms my thought on the design of the proprietary mag version.
    It was deliberately designed for low profile and prioritizing mag retention, with lower capacity magazines.

If you want a race gun, get the Glock/Sig pattern guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

I’m assuming the reach is too far to get that button with the trigger finger. Is the button ambi? Reach up with left hand and hit button on opposite side with thumb, strip mag, retrieve and insert fresh mag?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post

I have to say, it's an interesting design. It may open a way to, for example, MP5 magwell, which is plain impossible on Ruger.
    I'm neither a Henry hater nor a Henry fan, but I am actually impressed by this "variable magwell" setup. Either there is someone at Henry who is clever, or there is someone at Henry who listens to someone who is clever.

The civilian 9mm semiauto carbine journey has been a slow, tortuous thing, and - government regulations aside - I can not understand why so many lackluster examples have come and gone.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The first thing it reminded me of was the Walmart special Crossmanl BB/pellet gun my grandfather taught me to shoot with.

Attachment 100236
    YES! That's what I thought at first too.

Being able to use my supply of M&P9 magazines makes this a lot more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’m assuming the reach is too far to get that button with the trigger finger. Is the button ambi? Reach up with left hand and hit button on opposite side with thumb, strip mag, retrieve and insert fresh mag?
    I'm assuming the button is ambi/reversible. The pistols that take those mags have reversible mag releases so if those buttons aren't at least swapable then I will go back to being disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Man, I dig it. Looks like the old Remington 85s that law enfocment used to use back in the day. Henry's QC is usually pretty damn good too...better than Ruger from what I've seen.

User Tag List