Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 5.7

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    It's an ideal caliber / pistol for those with recoil sensitivity. It's bordering on grandma level recoil.
    The blast/noise might make up for that. Never shot a 5.7 - how's the grip size / trigger reach impacted by the cartridge being a half inch longer?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    The blast/noise might make up for that. Never shot a 5.7 - how's the grip size / trigger reach impacted by the cartridge being a half inch longer?
    I don't think the 5.7 is a very blasty round, even out of a pistol barrel. The grip size might be an issue for grandma. I don't think it's terrible, but small-handed folks might object. It is definitely larger than you'd get out of a .380/9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    The FN Five seveN is the one I have, circumference of the grip is about the same as a Beretta 92.

Ruger, PSA, and now especially S&W's offerings are much slimmer due to metal mags, so it should be better for smaller handed folks.

That said, it's not a 'universal grip' like a G43X of single stack. So may need to get granny a PS90 instead

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Agree with Mando, Jeff Cooper's Embarrassing Question applies, what is it to be FOR?

I don't need (another) centerfire plinker. It doesn't fit a USPSA or IDPA match division.

So is it a PF Approved sidearm for defense and duty?
    I don’t see why not people recommend 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Agree with Mando, Jeff Cooper's Embarrassing Question applies, what is it to be FOR?
    Something to sell and make some money from...

I don't get the attraction but they had quite a bit of ammo for it at the local farm supply store when I stopped in recently.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

"Just Because" has driven a lot of firearms sales fads over the years.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I don't own a 5.7, but borrowed a friend's FN for a three day dirtbike ride through the Mojave and really loved the gun. We were trying to go light and the gun fit the bill. It was light, carried lots of ammo, and shot far with accuracy. I agree that shooting out to 100 yards is a pretty easy task. I would have loved to have a dot. It was easy to hit jackrabbits and they seem to react as if hit by a .22 Hornet from a rifle (not a very scientific observation, but an observation nonetheless.). I get this is a total niche gun, but for some it might have a purpose and for others it might just be for fun.

The price of the FN is ultimately what kept me away, but these are getting into the impulse range for me. I am definitely not going to be a beta tester, but if these last awhile they would make a good desert companion.

I am glad to see another 5.7 out there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    https://youtu.be/8-lyE22ekM8

That's unexpected. Is there something about 5.7 I don't know about that explains why it's competing with 10mm for being the new bandwagon companies are jumping on?
    This is a perfect example of “gun companies exist to make money, not guns.”

User Tag List