Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCS-320; An Enclosed DPP Footprint Optic.

I too would be happy to "buy American" but honestly, Trijicon is their own worst enemy.

Their 2020 offering for the emerging skinny 9mm market was the RMRcc, with a proprietary mount. When the P365XL was released in 2019. Go figure. And at $699, with a bottom loading battery? They've had years to come out with a K-series, direct mount sight with a side-loading tray, but have chosen for whatever reason not to do so. So what *did* they do? Oh yeah, they sued Holosun. For the placement of the buttons. Are you kidding me.

At least Holosun is listening to the market, and delivering, annually, exciting new products that push the envelope of pistol mounted optics.

I hope their ears are burning at Trijicon HQ right now.

Sorry for rant. It just cheeses me off that an American company can't seem to get off their collective engineering butts and design a competitive product, because Holosun is killing them.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-17-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Practical question.

I like Holosun dots a lot. However, being a competitor, I can see what optics are used in the competition world meaning a lot of rounds. I personally shot 20K trough Romeo3Max before breaking the battery tray from overtightening the screw. The dot still worked but SIG replaced it with a brand new anyways. People around me are getting 30K+ with their SIG R3M, 1Pro, and Trijicon SRO easily. I do not see many people (if any) shooting Holosun dots in competition. And frankly, I do not know how durable they are. Does anybody have any experience? Is shooting a few thousand rounds and calling it good enough?
    Just checked the equipment survey for 2022, in CO, looks like about 5%, max, using Holosun in CO at Nationals, if I understand the charts right:
    Name:  Screenshot from 2023-01-17 16-40-28.png
Views: 1061
Size:  45.1 KB

Page 51:

https://uspsa.org/magazine/display//2022-00

I just checked the 2021 annual; Holosun is not even listed as one of the selections on the breakdown by percentage.

Practical question.

I like Holosun dots a lot. However, being a competitor, I can see what optics are used in the competition world meaning a lot of rounds. I personally shot 20K trough Romeo3Max before breaking the battery tray from overtightening the screw. The dot still worked but SIG replaced it with a brand new anyways. People around me are getting 30K+ with their SIG R3M, 1Pro, and Trijicon SRO easily. I do not see many people (if any) shooting Holosun dots in competition. And frankly, I do not know how durable they are. Does anybody have any experience? Is shooting a few thousand rounds and calling it good enough?
    It's a great question. Holosuns have done well in various tests, and I have around 3k on one 509t2, and about half that on another. I'm using the 509t2 ACSS on a S2 for rainy weather, but would much rather have a larger window.

My 3 Romeo 1's all broke at around 1-2k.

That's good to hear that your Max is so durable because other than the SRO, it's the only other large competition-oriented optic--until now.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

That's good to hear that your Max is so durable because other than the SRO, it's the only other large competition-oriented optic--until now.
    Maybe the the reason so many USPSA CO shooters use the SRO / Max at Nationals is the larger window?

Down in Gen pop, with the other D/C shooters, the mix of optics I notice at the few matches I've been in is a mixed bag. I'd be curious as to what you B/A/M/GM guys with a lot of rounds downrange are seeing in local matches, as far as optics go.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I too would be happy to "buy American" but honestly, Trijicon is their own worst enemy.

Their 2020 offering for the emerging skinny 9mm market was the RMRcc, with a proprietary mount. When the P365XL was released in 2019. Go figure. And at $699, with a bottom loading battery? They've had years to come out with a K-series, direct mount sight with a side-loading tray, but have chosen for whatever reason not to do so. So what *did* they do? Oh yeah, they sued Holosun. For the placement of the buttons. Are you kidding me.

At least Holosun is listening to the market, and delivering, annually, exciting new products that push the envelope of pistol mounted optics.

I hope their ears are burning at Trijicon HQ right now.

Sorry for rant. It just cheeses me off that an American company can't seem to get off their collective engineering butts and design a competitive product, because Holosun is killing them.
    Agreed. I have an RMR on my Staccato P because I don't want to send money to the CCP or aligned entities, but am not jazzed on the window size and distortion. I am really hoping trijicon gets off their collective butts and does something, because they messed up with the RMR CC footprint, which is why I have a 507k on my P365XL, and will probably have this new SCS 320 on my 2011 if it fits any DPP footprint pistol and not just the 320.

Well I'm intrigued... Even more so if it mounts directly to Staccato P

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So no manual brightness option ?

Attachment 100205

Attachment 100206
    The lack of manual adjustment is a serious problem. I thought this would be great on my Stacatto P, but the auto adjust is a deal killer.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    The lack of manual adjustment is a serious problem. I thought this would be great on my Stacatto P, but the auto adjust is a deal killer.
    I would welcome a good auto adjust as long as it has manual override which this seems to have to some extent.

Site Supporter
    Practical question.

The are durable enough for duty use - the reason you don’t see them in competition much is until this year all Holosun optics had relatively small windows vs the optics you mentioned, all of which have much larger windows..

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The are durable enough for duty use - the reason you don’t see them in competition much is until this year all Holosun optics had relatively small windows vs the optics you mentioned, all of which have much larger windows..
    I understand that.
    I was just wondering if there are some reports on high round count.

User Tag List