Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCS-320; An Enclosed DPP Footprint Optic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I expect robust tariffs for China asshoe to be a feature of the next four years, presuming either the dems or populists are in charge. That might level the playing field a little, but even 20% probably won’t catch up small US and Swedish makers.

I have a couple of Holosuns too, so fully hypocritical here, but remember that they’re the product of a state-sponsored industrial espionage machine. They got where they are by stealing their way there, and the industry as a whole would be a lot better off if they didn’t exist.
    I couldn’t possibly care less if it’s the best optic for my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    I couldn’t possibly care less if it’s the best optic for my gun.
    Do you mean, you don’t care if it’s the best optic for your gun, you won’t use it because it’s China asshoe? Or do you mean, you don’t care about performance, you’re going to buy it anyway because it’s pretty?

Brevity might be the soul of wit, but it’s not always the soul of clarity.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I expect robust tariffs for China asshoe to be a feature of the next four years, presuming either the dems or populists are in charge. That might level the playing field a little, but even 20% probably won’t catch up small US and Swedish makers.

I have a couple of Holosuns too, so fully hypocritical here, but remember that they’re the product of a state-sponsored industrial espionage machine. They got where they are by stealing their way there, and the industry as a whole would be a lot better off if they didn’t exist.
    Would it, though?

What tech, exactly, did they steal? Buttons on the side? A footprint?

They're doing more to innovate than any other company in the space, probably combined. They control the micro pistol optic market. They are a leader in the enclosed optic market. They make the only enclosed micro optic. They are the only optic manufacturer that year after year is bringing something new.

What has Trijicon done for the pistol optics space in the last three years? The RMRcc that has all of the same downsides as the RMR plus a completely proprietary mount.

What about Leupold? A weird dovetail mounted sight that nobody asked for.

Or Aimpoint? They brought us the optic they should have brought us when the P1 was released.

Steiner? Doing what Steiner always does in electronic optics...a single, novel product with a couple of shortcomings.

I like all of those other companies, but none of them are doing half of what Holosun is doing to push the industry forward. I also don't care for the China machine, but Holosun is matching the others in quality while beating them in innovation and price.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Would it, though?

I like all of those other companies, but none of them are doing half of what Holosun is doing to push the industry forward. I also don't care for the China machine, but Holosun is matching the others in quality while beating them in innovation and price.
    I have more Holosuns than anything, but I would say you are about 1.5/3. Holosun durability seems pretty good, at least it has been for me. However their quality as in fit and finish often leaves a bit to be desired. Innovation? No question, head and shoulders above. Price? Well I just payed $360 for a little EPS Carry with no solar and single dot. $75 more if you want the features. Their price is definitely creeping up. What isn't though.

in principle i agree, but it's no longer a case of buying holosun because they're a cheap illicit copy - it's now because our own optics companies, drunk on contracts and more concerned with gatekeeping tech they make for the US military, no longer bother to make what the market is asking for.

closest i see is sig finally making an enclosed pistol optic, i suppose we will see how it does.

curious - with a dpp footprint, would it fit the P365 slide?

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    curious - with a dpp footprint, would it fit the P365 slide?
    No, sorry. While the hole spacing is the same with the K, the DPP has larger dimensions so unless the cut was extended it won’t fit.

I have gone the other way and put a K on a DPP cut.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So no manual brightness option ?

Attachment 100205

Attachment 100206
    I bought this slide for one of my pistols. It has that exact optic on it as shown.

https://www.sigsauer.com/rx-slide-as...romeo1pro.html

Will this new Holosun optic fit that cut without using any adapter plates???

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I have more Holosuns than anything, but I would say you are about 1.5/3. Holosun durability seems pretty good, at least it has been for me. However their quality as in fit and finish often leaves a bit to be desired. Innovation? No question, head and shoulders above. Price? Well I just payed $360 for a little EPS Carry with no solar and single dot. $75 more if you want the features. Their price is definitely creeping up. What isn't though.
    Just saw this post and figured I would add my .02 cents. A lot of what you are seeing (at least in this case) are brought on from the retailers. When I was shopping I saw a wide array of prices. Just within the past 24 hours (as of this post) Brownells had the 2 MOA dot version of the EPS Carry for $289.

It's like when there was ammo shortages and some sellers would mark up the price of the ammo that was sitting on a pallet in their warehouse, sometimes by double or triple.

These little dots are a hot commodity right now, but the supply chain is still questionable at best. Delays and backorders are now standard almost. Hence a lot of the retailers were charging a premium to those customers that didn't want to wait...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  29.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I bought this slide for one of my pistols. It has that exact optic on it as shown.

https://www.sigsauer.com/rx-slide-as...romeo1pro.html

Will this new Holosun optic fit that cut without using any adapter plates???
    If it’s the Romeo1PRO version it should.

Ask Holosun if it fits other Romeo1PRO cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If it’s the Romeo1PRO version it should.

Ask Holosun if it fits other Romeo1PRO cuts.
    It is the Romeo1Pro. Does that optic have different cuts?

User Tag List