Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New rules

I'm curious: it says that barrel porting is allowed but I don't see anywhere that slide porting is. How is barrel porting allowance going to work, or has slide porting been allowed before?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I'm curious: it says that barrel porting is allowed but I don't see anywhere that slide porting is. How is barrel porting allowance going to work, or has slide porting been allowed before?
    Glock C models? P365 SAS?

Aftermarket barrels that stick past slide are legal or not legal? I don’t know IDPA rules very well.

Name:  CFF17402-2F48-466D-A980-BF0F3726CF57.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  38.8 KB

There were sections that allowed it but they have been removed in the newer rulebooks. There isn't anything that says it's illegal

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Glock C models? P365 SAS?

Aftermarket barrels that stick past slide are legal or not legal? I don’t know IDPA rules very well.
    I don't read rule books on principle, especially USPSA. When I did shoot IDPA, the replacement bbl had to be same length and contour as oem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    There were sections that allowed it but they have been removed in the newer rulebooks. There isn't anything that says it's illegal
    Is IDPA's principle "prohibited unless expressly allowed" or "allowed unless expressly prohibited"?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

There are lots of protuberant threaded barrels out there, I see no reason a ported muzzle should not stick out... as long as it fits The Box. That would make a Commander easy to get to the cutting edge. Better yet, a 4.25" Prodigy because I think we will eventually see ESP/CO magazine capacity increased to match SSP 15.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Is IDPA's principle "prohibited unless expressly allowed" or "allowed unless expressly prohibited"?
    Unfortunately it is "ask your area coordinator" lol

If weather permits, I will ask my AC about some of this stuff. Especially how the pious platitudes will be enforced.

I don't read rule books on principle, especially USPSA. When I did shoot IDPA, the replacement bbl had to be same length and contour as oem.
    I’m with you on rule books! It’s the reason I never did RO training.

SHOT report says
    "SIG-Sauer showed a new P320 AXG Legion Comp at their SHOT Show range day event. It uses an integrated comp slide."

Sounds like a purpose built 2023 ESP/CO.
    Wonder if Joyce leaked the new rules to WC's buds at Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    SHOT report says
    "SIG-Sauer showed a new P320 AXG Legion Comp at their SHOT Show range day event. It uses an integrated comp slide."

Sounds like a purpose built 2023 ESP/CO.
    Wonder if Joyce leaked the new rules to WC's buds at Sig.
    More like Sig told her what the changes to the rules were going to be.

User Tag List